Now that Mn has made the rules less complicated

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m sorry to hear this. I get so angry when I read stuff like this. What is wrong with these low lifes?

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

What is wrong with these low lifes?

They are still allowed to breath.

I doubt anyone in the neighborhood will have a problem with this guy now that everyone knows what has been done… but these guys can be anywhere, and I would think most arent stupid enough to send a text message to make us aware of their presence.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Francis…that’s really scary to hear about. When I heard the news story I wondered if it was near you.

There is an opportunity here….you can talk to your kids about the things they need to do to protect themselves. This really did happen and it’s somebody your kids know, so the discussion won’t be “theoretical”.

The world would be a much better place if we didn’t have to worry about creeps like this in the first place.

Rootski

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What I really hate to hear is, “He is well liked.”

Come on. I would find it hard to believe nobody sensed this guys inner evil. The problem with that kind of statement is it makes all normal people suspect. In turn more and more children are taught not to trust anyone. And that people is a growing problem that is drastiaclly changing our society. Want examples? Check out my neighborhood where 85% of the people will not communicate with their next door neighbors. It’s maddening and sad.

ps. Sorry to hear you have a nutball in the hood.

teedsman
    Cottage Grove, MN

This story burns me. I am a teacher and it is jerks like this that puts everyone on the defensive about the great people in out profession. I can’t imagine what it would be like if someone in my school or neighborhood was up to that crap.
    Guys like this give schools a bad rap and put people on edge.

I’m sorry that you and your kids are going through this. Keep your eyes and ears open.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I know EXACTLY how you feel…

http://wcco.com/crime/man.wal.mart.2.717596.html

I looked up the guy’s address from the criminal complaint. He lives right across the street from me in a trailer park. The only entrance/exit to the trailer park is less than 100 feet from my driveway!!!

Write your legislators!! Let’s get a petition to legalize lynchings!!!

the_grump
    Le Center

I killed an archery buck in a managed area, can I harvest a firearm doe in a lottery area with my doe permit? Or is it party hunting only and my doe tag is no good?

The rules are as clear as mud!

super_do
    St Michael, MN

You will probably get a bunch of different answers. I don’t see why you can’t shoot a doe. You are allowed only one deer in the lottery area.

Good luck!

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Unless your in a extensive harvest area I think your only allowed 1 deer per person per year. I’d call the dnr before I’d shoot another one or else the law might be knocking at your door.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I would read that section of the book and find out. If you are only allowed to take one deer it will tell you. OR email exactly what you posted to the DNR. I sent a question this morning and got a response in about 2 hours. They’re really good about it. But I save the emails for complicated questions.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I believe you can harvest a firearms doe in the lottery zone if you have been successful in the lottery drawing for that area/zone!

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Quote:

I believe you can harvest a firearms doe in the lottery zone if you have been successful in the lottery drawing for that area/zone!

But not shoot one with an archery tag too. I’m hoping I’m wrong because team 31 could sure use it if I could shoot one with my bow, one with my firearm doe lottery tag and one with my muzzleloader. That’d be sweet!

the_grump
    Le Center

Just called the DNR office( way easier than I thought it would be) and they told me I could use my doe permit during firearm season.

the_grump
    Le Center

Norseman you are correct, I can not shoot another deer (archery) in a lottery area, but I can shoot 4 more in an intensive or one more in a managed area.
    Now if you have a landowners permit…

norseman
    FAIRMONT MN

Oh I see. We don’t have intensive harvest or managed areas around here. So I’m stuck with one unless I can talk my hunting buddies to party hunt with me?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Good to hear you got it figured out grump.
    The bonus tags should be called does tags IMO as you can only take a doe with this tag and can be used for archery, shotgun, & muzzleloader as long as you are in an area that you can take a doe. A permit is for a lottery area that shows you can take a doe in said lottery area, the permit is not a tag so if you are drawn for a lottery area you will still need to buy a doe tag if you want to save your regular tag for a buck.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.