Giant Southeast MN buck killed last night!!

• scottb.
    Southeast, MN

I will post a story and pics later today but my cousin, Mitch Banks (Banks Outdoors) shot a buck last night and recovered it this morning. Cell phone pics make it look like a main frame 10. Gross score 176″!!! I am heading over to take pics and get the story as soon as my rugrats get home and will post later today.

Great Job Mitch!!!

Story:

Mitch was hunting over a turnip food plot he had planted in mid-august. He had some does in front of him in the plot when he noticed a small buck behind him about 60-70 yards away on the edge of a cornfield. He turned back to the does and when he checked on the small buck again this big boy was standing right next to him. He ended up watching him for a full 30 minutes before the bucks eventually turned and walked away. Mitch figured they were gone and was trying to figure out the best approach to get back in for the mornings hunt. As it was getting towards the last 10 minutes of hunting he heard a deer approach from behind and it turned out to be the small buck that was hanging with the big guy. He could hear another deer following and figured it was the big one so he drew his bow before even seeing if it was him. They both ended up taking a trail that put them 15 yards out into his turnip plot. Mitch made the shot but was not 100% sure of the hit so he backed out and went in this morning. Turns out the deer didn’t go more than about 80 yards and the coyotes had found him overnight. The carcass was completely eaten to the bone and all that was left was the head. Here are the pictures! Gross scored 176″, buck has a split G1 otherwise its very symmetrical side to side. It carries over 5″ circ. all the way out and has great main beam length. Truely awesome deer! Again, great job Mitch!

*Mitch has passed up many 140″ class deer over the last few years and this buck is a direct result of what can happen! *

lick

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

Awsome can’t wait to hear story an see the pics

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

What a dandy, looks like he’s got it all

slimjim

Very nice bruiser great job

lick

It really is a tough call to “back out” with the coyote population where it is

Awesome buck nice work Mitch

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

Wow what a deer!!! What is he going to do now?? Euro?

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Most taxidermists will get extra capes, I am sure he will still get a head mount.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Great deer

coppertop
    Central MN

Quote:

Great deer

X2 Congrats to him!

bassmaster
    SE, MN

Nice deer. Talk to your taxidermist I know they can take that rack and mount it on another deer. Doe or buck I know they can do it. Talk to them and they can give you an idea of what to look for in the next deer that would match up good for that rack.

DONOTDELETE

Congrats on a great buck. Passing younger bucks has definetly payed off.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Very nice!!!

AUGUSTWEST
    BUFFALO, MN

Awesome buck!!! –Will there be any left for gun season?

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Theres more than people think out there! A couple more pics.

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

The cape doesnt even look to bad..dam dogs!! Congrats again to mitch, what a stud buck!

machster179
    Cannon Falls, MN

Nice Buck, Congrats.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s a great buck! Congrats to Mitch and the coyotes got one of our deer this year too.

neusch303

Quote:

That’s a great buck! Congrats to Mitch and the coyotes got one of our deer this year too.

Do I see an IDO GTG ‘yote hunt in our future?

chev70
    SW Wisconsin

Great Buck Congrats

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Congrats to your Cousin!

scottb.
    Southeast, MN

Some better pictures!

chevytrucks
    sothern, MN

Nice Buck!!! Hope to kill one like that with my bow someday.

lick

Welcome to iDo Jensen99

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.