“The Best Deer Hunter in the World”

• illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

has anybody sent in their resume for this?

Pro deer hunting tour starting

TULSA, OK – The American Whitetail Authority has announced the creation of the only professional whitetail deer hunting competition in the world — the Whitetail Pro Series. By way of four regional qualifying events held throughout the country, participating hunters will earn points based on their performance in the field. The top hunters from each regional will then compete in a championship event to crown the best deer hunter in the world.

To launch this exciting endeavor, the American Whitetail Authority is searching for the country’s premier deer hunters. To find the man or woman most suited to wearing the world-champion crown, the American Whitetail Authority will send representatives across the country, a journey of more than 11,000 miles with stops at two dozen Bass Pro Shops stores, to interview applicants and search for the most respected and accomplished hunters known throughout the cities and areas they visit. AWA officials are scheduled to be in Illinois on Tuesday, July 20.

“We’re looking for the best hunters, men or women, that this country can produce,” said Koch. “We want to find those guys that are known as great hunters in their community—those that have the experience, knowledge and ability to put a mature whitetail down year after year regardless of the weather, moon position, hunting pressure or in the face of any other obstacle most hunters use as an excuse.”

The American Whitetail Authority’s Whitetail Pro Series will consist of four events scattered throughout the country. Each event will host 10 hunters, with the top hunters from each event moving on to compete in the AWA World Championship. The top performer in the AWA World Championship will have deservedly earned the title as the best hunter in the country.

“Winning this thing will require that a hunter have more than luck on his side. Anyone can get lucky and happen to stumble into a big buck, but to win this you’re going to have to have multiple deer encounters every day for three days straight and then repeat the performance in the championship,” said Koch.

The 40 most worthy applicants, which will meet specific criteria and will be selected by the AWA, will be invited to participate in one of four designated regional Whitetail Pro Series competitions. Each regional event will host 10 hunters that will compete in a five-day deer hunt on a predetermined piece of property. The top two hunters, as determined by a formulaic-scoring system based upon the evaluations of expert judges, will move on to compete in the AWA World Championship—the winner of which will be crowned world champion.

The American Whitetail Authority will use state-of-the-art technology to carry out competitions. Each hunter will be equipped with a digital scope on their rifle and when a blank shot is fired, it will capture a digital image of the deer, crosshair placement and shot distance. At the end of each day’s competition, hunters can submit a maximum of five images of different deer for scoring. Competitors will then be ranked according to total points amassed over the multi-day event.

By using digital scopes, hunters can experience a realistic hunt without harming the deer in any way. The digital image and associated information allows hunters to record a “virtual kill” for scoring. And because no shot is actually fired and deer aren’t harvested, competitions can be held before, after or even between most states’ various hunting seasons and with the absence of harvest restrictions.

While friendly competition and entertainment are the focus of the Whitetail Pro Series, education, conservation, ethical sportsmanship and sound management practices are the founding ideals of the American Whitetail Authority. Participating hunters will reveal successful tactics to the benefit of every hunter in America, while firearm safety, shot selection and age class of deer will all factor into the scoring formula.

Every Whitetail Pro Series event will be recorded and available for viewing on the AWA website, as will video tips and tactics from participants and industry professionals.

me again … dont think i will be tuning in.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds like watching somebody play a video game… What will they think of next ???

whittsend

Ya… Doesn’t sound like something that would trip my trigger. Not sure how I feel about making everything into a competition. To each their own, I guess.

lick

Oh sorry I thought this post was about me

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Ya… Doesn’t sound like something that would trip my trigger. Not sure how I feel about making everything into a competition. To each their own, I guess.

I agree, definitely not the reason why I hunt.

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Quote:

Oh sorry I thought this post was about me

and then ya woke up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.