Get in the woods

• little_g
    durand WI

Well its time boys and girls, this past weekend Brad and I were out hunting/filming and had a lot of encounters, I will let Brad tell that story but the deer are running like crazy were we are hunting.
    My brother hit a buck tonight on film and I watched the footage, looks like a good hit but we could not find it tonight we will try in the morning, but on our way home there was bucks running every place we looked so what I am saying is get the horns and grunt tubs out and get in the woods because it is time.

john_steinhauer
    p4

I got mine in my pack going to hunt hard for the next few weeks

shednut
    22 feet up

I didn’t have any luck with the rattling antlers tonight….but they did work great for clearing the does from the field after quitting time. There’s something about antlers falling from the sky that scares the bajeezes out of feeding does

lick

LadyLuck saw 6 bucks yesterday and I dodged 3 on the way to work this am

witte
    West Salem, WI

Yes – they’re running. I passed up the 8 pt in the first pic sat night at 20 yards because I saw the buck in pic 2 sat morning.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I wish some of you bow hunters could come thin out the herd in my neighborhood. I like seeing deer, but when I almost hit one once a week it starts to get annoying. Anyway, I’ve never seen a buck until this morning. With all those does, I knew it was only a matter of time. He was a nice size 8 and of course he was right on the tail of a couple does running across the road. It must be that magic time.

natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

I tie a short heavy log to seperate rope and take it up the stand. Deer come charging in when you grunt and “hop” that big log on the ground. I don’t think its the russling leaves as much as it is the thumping. The same way a hunter can tell the difference between a squirrel and a deer with his ears. I’ve got a lot of hung up bucks to commit with this tactic. Deer get REAL nervous and way to alert when the come into a grunt call and hang up at 70-80 yards and can’t hear anything. when the stop, give em a little thump of the log and they’ll charge to the tree. hopefully

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.