Any Rut activity in South Western WI?

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Getting ready for the weekend and was just wondering if anyone is still seeing any rutting activity yet? My cousin in the Madison area said he is still seeing some, but was wondering what guys over there are seeing? I talk to a good friend of mine that hunts the Boscabel area and he said it is already done. Like I said, just wondering for stand selection purposes.

Thanks Darin

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I hunt near Durand and we have seen very little rut activity during the last week. All bucks seen have been by themselves just cruising through.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

With that being said, I would guess my stands between food sources and bedding areas will be the better bet. Or should I still be thinking in terms of staying by the does?

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I would consider hunting pressure first. If that’s not an issue then concentrate on the food sources because the does should be nearby.

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

Brad, are you hunting Buffalo County or Pepin?

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I’m gun hunting in Pepin with Kirk. What about you?

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

I take it you’ll be hunting his land by Arkansaw? I’ll be hunting in Pierce where I got my 12 pointer.

abster71
    crawford county WI

was watching some deer tonight we seen 4 bucks all small they were posturing and doing some light sparing something that you would see in early oct. there were also 4 does in the field didn’t show any sign of interest been seeing alot of doe families going to the corn and turnips. Good luck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.