never say never

• burbob
    Hastings,MN

I shot this doe Sunday night with a guy on the neighbors property chainsawing wood 40 yards behind me.
    At about 6:30 I said to myself there is no way I’m going to see anything with all the racket behind me. I packed up and as I started sending my bow down I noticed a doe standing broad side at 15 yards By the time I got my bow back in my hand and the rope unclipped she was standing directly under my tree. As I stood there trying to figure out what to do with my rope a second doe came out and headed down a different trail. I hoped the first doe kept walking and was heading away from me NOT watching me get an arrow out of the quiver and on my string. By the time doe #2 got to my second shooting lane I was ready. 18 yards, double lung, she went about 40 yards and was done. It was quite the clown show. Sorry about the picture, my wife was out of town with the camera on Sunday.

gobbler
    Central, MN

that is a great story. it just goes to show that you can still manage to harvest a deer when things are not going in your favor

lick

good job i woulda bailed out and been

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Nice shooting Bob!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Great story and Congrats!

That is deer hunting with a bow. The ups and downs one can go through in a matter of seconds is unreal!

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

so true Lip so true

Awsome looking doe sir! Way to not buckle under the pressure and not rush the shot!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Way to stick it out during a questionable situation. She will taste great.

deertracker

Nice doe, did the neibor help you drag?
    DT

prieser
    Byron, MN

Curiousity kills the cat. It is amazing how deer react to certain situations. Good work

robhood23

great post, I remember as a kid cutting wood with my dad and having deer come in and check us out. Way to stick with it and very nice deer. Congrats

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats BurBob! Way to capitalize on your chance! Definitely a hunt to remember! It’s amazing how whitetails adapt to their environment and how they associate danger.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.