Rattle bag or horns

• ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

Ok what do you like better and why? Me I like REALY horns over a rattle bag because I beleave they sound more real.
    And for those of you that use horns big or small rack

robhood23

I use the bag for convienence. I tried the primos fake horns but they were junk, all the tines broke off of them. I would like to find a nice set of real ones to try. I have tried rattling with a basket 8 rack I shot along time ago but have not had any success with those.

jason_ramthun
    Byron MN

I have used a rattle bag for about 6 years now, IMO they don’t sound much different and I have called in more big one’s with a rattle bag than real horns ! I just got sick walking in with them and hitting this and that making noise that a rattle bag inside your pack will not make .

Big racks are good

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I like the Hunter’s Specialties’ rattling bag for several reasons. Number one when you’re rattling, a buck often will come in quickly. I don’t want to have to worry about my rattling horns when I’m trying to get a shot off at the buck. Another reason I like the rattling bag is because the rattling bag is lightweight, and compact and not as nearly as bulky and clumsy as a set of antlers.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I like antlers because thats all I’ve ever used. I’ve heard from reports around here that rattle bags are also good. Im sure that at enough times it dosen’t really make much of a diffrence beings the bucks systems running high during prerut and rut. Personally I think that bigger horns bring in the bigger bucks and the smaller ones are scared to come in close. I know around here working the anlers lighter will bring in smaller bucks and banging them will bring in fewer. Grunt snort wheezing has brought in more smaller bucks under my stand than hard banging bigger racks. I use a bigger rack so the sound reachs out farther and for any bigger buck that might compete with this antler size. When Im lifting up my equip. to my stand I tie them and my bow together and hang the rack on a bow peg. I’ve never tried a rattle bag and from reports from around here I would just to see what thier like. Does anyone know if all the wooden or plastic pegs are all a standard size, bigger or smaller pegs, is there a choice?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I use both and it depends on the situation and tree stand. Not all bags or horns are created equal.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

I use real horns due to the reason I’m able to control the volume of my rattling sequence a little bit better.

robby
    Quad Cities

I like the bags better because of convenience, but I have no doubts that authentic BIG antlers work the best.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.