couple new mounts

• toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Just recently got a couple deer back from the taxidermist (joe meder)very happy how they came out. My wife aint to happy with me about more deer heads in the bedroom, but at least i didnt hang these ones right above her head . the skinny rack 13 point is actualy a couple years old , But since it was hanging by the new ones i took his pic too.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Those are some sweet mounts Todd

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Great looking mounts Todd and very impressive bucks! Did you have them scored (I realize that is not the most important thing)? If so, what were they? Congrats again!

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

The semi lip curl deer was 132, The deer on the far right was around 143 and the far left deer I dont remember , I have it wrote down in my srcap book but my 3 year old is asleep and my head will be on the wall if i go in there and wake her up to look but I think it was around 168and 1/8 but wouldnt swear to it.

coppertop
    Central MN

Great looking deer. Joe Meder, as in the sculpture of the Joe Meder forms?

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Quote:

Great looking deer. Joe Meder, as in the sculpture of the Joe Meder forms?

yes,He Has a line of forms,I think its with mackenzie that make the 3D targets.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Nice collection Todd, it takes awhile to get a nice collection.

gobbler
    Central, MN

my wife would kick my A$$ if i put the mounts in the bedroom. right now they sit in an unfinished basement…. someday they will be at a cabin or the basement will get finished, whatever comes first. very nice work by the way.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Nice Todd!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

my wife would kick my A$$ if i put the mounts in the bedroom.

I’m with on you that one Gobbler! But I also have two mounts that are in an unfinished basement! They will hang in the new house when it’s built…in about 4 years!

Awesome looking deer though!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Very nice mounts Todd.

lick

todd nice collection we have 4 deer an antelope and a turkey mount in the living room but 2 deer and the turkey are hers so maybe thats why i get away with it

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Gobbler
    there are 5 more in there and was 2 turkey , but I had to take them out to make room for the 2 new deer. i had them in the living room but when I married her she said she didnt like them in there so I comprimised and hung them in the bedroom, i realy thought that she would cave after awhile but no luck yet. We now have 8 total in there 3 of which are above the headboard and she is still sticking to her guns

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Todd, tell us your secret on having them in the bedroom?

If I tried that, my bedroom would be in the garage…..

Jami

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I got one set of Horns in the Bedroom from my First Buck!

Todd you need another mount this year to help our team.

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Quote:

Todd, tell us your secret on having them in the bedroom?

If I tried that, my bedroom would be in the garage…..

Jami

no secret, She hates them in the living room and I have no basement.she dont want to buy a bigger house because my mothernlaw lives right down the street so if i have to put with the mother-n-law she has to put up with deer heads in the bedroom

toddcarnes
    Milan IL

Quote:

I got one set of Horns in the Bedroom from my First Buck!

Todd you need another mount this year to help our team.

We both do Rob went out tonight to watch a bean field from the truck since our season dont open until oct 1st , saw 8 does and a nice little buck not quite big enough ,but well on his way he was about 14 or 15 wide and fairly tall, he will be a pretty good one next year. plenty big now to get a guy all fired up and ready to go.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.