Iowa buck

• walleyehunter
    Melrose, WI

I just got these pics from my dad and the below story. I don’t know if there is any truth to it, but I thought I would share. Forgive me if the pics have already been posted.

STORY:
    “Poached Iowa Deer

This deer was poached in Corning, Iowa.? Not sure of the
    date.? Kid shot the deer one night, then went into town the
    next day to get A tag.? Tagged it, then started showing it
    around town.

Wildlife Biologist was in town and noticed the eyes looked
    too cloudy to be shot that morning (the date of the tag and
    the day the kid said he shot it).? DNR (Dept. of Natural
    Resources) showed up and agreed.

DNR then noticed the tag; it was a doe tag.
    Well, one thing led to another and some details are missing,
    but here’s where it stands today.? Deer was scored over
    250′. Kid isn’t in much trouble because he wasn’t read his
    rights. Was subject to a $31,000 fine, but, because he
    wasn’t read his rights, it’s been reduced to a couple
    hundred bucks and he loses his license for 5 years – oh and
    DNR took the deer.

Guess it’s making a tour around Iowa and can be seen this
    year at the Iowa Deer Classic.

robhood23

What a Toad!!

gobbler
    Central, MN

i heard a similar story. the only diff is that i heard he shot it in city limits where hunting wasn’t permitted

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

One change I would make to this. You shoot it at night and U R done for life! Including any non-res license. No doubt there were ethical hunters out there following and hunting this deer for years and this punk STOLE it from them!!

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

i heard the EXACT story about that deer last year! stupid kid!!! You would think that someone that was going to pull a stunt like that would have the brains to tag it with a buck tag teenagers…

coppertop
    Central MN

I’m with walleyebuster 100%!

jerad
    Otranto, IA/Hager City, WI

the really stupid part is that this same kid got busted this year with a spotlight and a couple guns in the truck and a coon with no fur-bearers license. What a loser!

robhood23

The sad part is that he had to have learned this from someone!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Theres alot of poaching here and always has been. Theres alot of nice bucks squeezed out of the herd every year and the bad part is most don’t get caught. Some guys here will shoot anything with a rack but the guys who really do the damage are the ones who shoot really nice racks.

They caught a few guys about 8 to 10 years ago that were from Tennesse or kentucky and they had a trunk load of racks from nice bucks. It was on the news when they caught them and a few months later after they went to court the news said they went to where they lived and took everything they owned and they got very heavy fines. It sounded like they took everything but thier birthdays, they threw the book at these guys and made an example out of them. I heard they poached very prime land down in southern Iowa and they got what they deserved. I’ll bet one of the honest hunters got wind of them or seen them and turned them in. When someone poaches here theres a minimum fine plus the bigger the rack scores the heavier the fines. I think the bottom of the list fine starts at $2,500 for a small buck and from there medicore bucks at $10,000 and for the really nice ones who knows but the fine is going to be heavy.

ken67

nice buck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

The sad part is that he had to have learned this from someone!

I agree. That’s where it all starts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.