Posting assistance

• mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Is it possible to post a video clip I have on my computer without having it hosted on another site such as youtube?

Mark

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Mark,

Not at this time, but I believe in the future IDO will hold this function.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Can I email it to you and have you post it?

Mark

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Must be a good one!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Mark I will try to get it on here by the end of the day. I had that sent to me by someone else that sounds like new the guys that shot this.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Dartman, I just emailed it to you. Let me know what you think.

Mark

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Someone emailed that to me yesterday! That is just crazy!

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Worthy of sharing, I think.

Mark

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Is it the video of the 2 locked horn bucks that the one guy shoots with his bow?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Is it the video of the 2 locked horn bucks that the one guy shoots with his bow?

I saw that one, that was nuts, I would have liked to seen the rest of it to see how it turned out.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

That’s the one. Pretty amazing.

Mark

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I hope to heck someone else finished off that poor 2nd locked deer. I suppose legally you would need 2 tags there to shoot both correct?

I also would have thought the arrow would have penetrated better. That couldn’t have been more than a 15-20 yard shot no? I haven’t bow hunted for a long time, maybe my expectations are out of line. Would be interested in what some bowhunters think on that.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

MB,

IMO, the penetration was decent, not great it appears as the arrow hit bone on the far side, but got about a foot of penetration. Forget about penetration that buck had quite the hole in him and man was blood gushing out. It would be no problem follwoing a bllod trail from that hit. As you can see in the video the harvest of this buck was quick and a lot quicker then Mother Nature would have took. According to the email I received, the other buck was shot and put out of his misery from suffering form the 1st tshooters Dad, but the bettery went dead in the video camera..

Here the info I received in the email:

Quote:

> This Video was shot on TigerRidge near Tigerton Wisconsin . The buck

> that was shot by Scott on film grossed 137″ B&C and 122 4/8 BTR, the

> other buck was shot by Scott ‘s dad Duane after the battery went dead

on

> the camcorder. That buck grossed 122 3/8″ B&C, and 108 BTR.

>

> While we feel that the right action was taken, and that killing these

> bucks was both ethical, and merciful considering their situation, we

> know that not everyone will agree. We would like your feedback

Here is the video in question. I found it already on Youtube so I posted the link.

TIGER RIDGE LOCKED BUCKS

Caution should be used when viewing this video. It does contain Graphic Scenes, which are a part of hunting, but just wanted to give fair warning.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I was kind of thinking the same thing…not much penetration but very effective! He was dead before the video clip ended!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Forget about penetration that buck had quite the hole in him and man was blood gushing out. It would be no problem follwoing a bllod trail from that hit.

I don’t know about that Lip…it’s hard to track a blood trail in a creek or small river!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Dartkoski, he is not a fish… He is a buck, bucks don’t swim in the river they walk in the woods.

Smart

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Lip:

I was just curious on the penetration thing, haven’t ever hit one with a bow, so I didn’t know. Obviously the end was quick for him, I think part of the gusher part was that the deer was probably pumping blood fast trying to get unlocked, and the blood pressure and heart rate were probably elevated already. It was much harder for me actually watching the other buck.

Indeed though, the video is graphic, and probably not something to advertise to the non-hunting types.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

MB,

You are right on about the Gushing. But many times the deers vitals are increased due to fighting, chasing, just getting whacked by an arrow will jump start that heart rate itself.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

BUMP for Prieser.

Look at the 3rd post on page 2.

prieser
    Byron, MN

I can’t believe I missed this video on here. That was simply amazing. Glad to see both deer were dispatched.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.