white tail mount

• hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Well here it is my first attempt at mounting a deer, it was alot of work but I thought it turned out pretty nice. It’s a 10 pointer that I shot last year during shotgun season.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Awesome Buck
    Is there a good story to go along with the pics?

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Awesome Buck
    Is there a good story to go along with the pics?

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Funny thing you ask that! As a matter of fact there is. It was opening morning just light enough to shoot when a deer appeared about 85 yards out on the edge of the field and headed toward the nieghbors property, so i took the shot and the deer bounded off, missed deer i thought! Well after it got alittle lighter out i noticed something white down in the field so I climbed down out of the stand and walked down to find him laying there with a shot to the back of the head. Big surprize! The deer that ran off must have been standing behind him and i didn’t see it until it took off running. Anyway thats my story and i’m stick’en to it!

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

Funny thing you ask that! As a matter of fact there is. It was opening morning just light enough to shoot when a deer appeared about 85 yards out on the edge of the field and headed toward the nieghbors property, so i took the shot and the deer bounded off, missed deer i thought! Well after it got alittle lighter out i noticed something white down in the field so I climbed down out of the stand and walked down to find him laying there with a shot to the back of the head. Big surprize! The deer that ran off must have been standing behind him and i didn’t see it until it took off running. Anyway thats my story and i’m stick’en to it!

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Very nice deer and good job on your first mount…have you done any other types taxidermy or is this your first.. Jay

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Very nice deer and good job on your first mount…have you done any other types taxidermy or is this your first.. Jay

jeff korsmo
    Cresco, Ia

That is a nice mount and a very nece buck, congratulations it looks like your taxidermy bill just a got alot cheaper. PS don’t tell your friends or they will want you to mount theirs for the “good buddy dixcount”

jeff korsmo
    Cresco, Ia

That is a nice mount and a very nece buck, congratulations it looks like your taxidermy bill just a got alot cheaper. PS don’t tell your friends or they will want you to mount theirs for the “good buddy dixcount”

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Nice job on the mount, congrat’s on the harvest

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

Nice job on the mount, congrat’s on the harvest

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice clean looking 10 point.
    congrats.
    Jack..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice clean looking 10 point.
    congrats.
    Jack..

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Wow, Very nice work! i’ve seen “pros” chop em up pretty good.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Wow, Very nice work! i’ve seen “pros” chop em up pretty good.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thats what I was thinking !!!! Is there an IDA memebr discount !!! Very nice deer and a great job mounting too !!!

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

Thats what I was thinking !!!! Is there an IDA memebr discount !!! Very nice deer and a great job mounting too !!!

big g

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

very nice buck Did you add the eye color to it, or is it just a creepy looking buck

protourbaits
    stillwater, MN

very nice buck Did you add the eye color to it, or is it just a creepy looking buck

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.