Shot 4 bucks on Sunday…

• umichjesse
    Plymouth

…with my camera. My deer hunting is done, but Sunday afternoon was so nice I had to sneak out in the woods for a couple of hours.

The rut was in full swing with bucks running everywhere in the last hour and a half of light. I only got a couple of good pictures before the fading light resulted in blurry shots. Of course, the pictures of the bigger bucks didn’t turn out that well. The classic big one that got away scenario.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

Can you see this buck peeking at me?

umichjesse
    Plymouth

Can you see this buck peeking at me?

umichjesse
    Plymouth

I heard some rattling and had to investigate.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

I heard some rattling and had to investigate.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

It’s too bad the pictures blurred, one of these guys was definitely a shooter 10 pt.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

It’s too bad the pictures blurred, one of these guys was definitely a shooter 10 pt.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

I sat down and watched the two brutes fight for awhile. A little buck was chasing a fawn doe all around until he saw me and decided to investigate. I couldn’t believe it, he walked right up to me stamping his feet. I thought he was going to try to gore me. I had to wave my red Twins hat at him like he was a bull.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

I sat down and watched the two brutes fight for awhile. A little buck was chasing a fawn doe all around until he saw me and decided to investigate. I couldn’t believe it, he walked right up to me stamping his feet. I thought he was going to try to gore me. I had to wave my red Twins hat at him like he was a bull.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

I took a bunch of pictures of does as well. This was my favorite.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

I took a bunch of pictures of does as well. This was my favorite.

scottsteil
    Central MN

You have some good land!! What area are the pics from?

scottsteil
    Central MN

You have some good land!! What area are the pics from?

shayla

Awesome footage of some nice bucks! I live in the country now, but your pics remind me of when I lived in Minnetonka. I used to sneak around some of the larger parks down there and saw some awesome big bucks back in the less frequented brushy areas. Good job, keep the photos coming!

shayla

Awesome footage of some nice bucks! I live in the country now, but your pics remind me of when I lived in Minnetonka. I used to sneak around some of the larger parks down there and saw some awesome big bucks back in the less frequented brushy areas. Good job, keep the photos coming!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Neat pics. Its fun just to be able to take pictures.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Neat pics. Its fun just to be able to take pictures.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

This is public land less than an hour from the cities so I prefer not to give any GPS coordinates. I have yet to deer hunt here because I hunt in SE Minnesota, but I have shot a few coyotes off this land. I plan on picking up bowhunting over the winter/next summer so I am excited that I have found a place to hit after work next fall. SE Minnesota is too far away to hunt except on the weekends.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

This is public land less than an hour from the cities so I prefer not to give any GPS coordinates. I have yet to deer hunt here because I hunt in SE Minnesota, but I have shot a few coyotes off this land. I plan on picking up bowhunting over the winter/next summer so I am excited that I have found a place to hit after work next fall. SE Minnesota is too far away to hunt except on the weekends.

reever_1
    Rochester Minnesota

Public land that close to the cities and holding those bucks this time of year wow you better keep that place a secret!

reever_1
    Rochester Minnesota

Public land that close to the cities and holding those bucks this time of year wow you better keep that place a secret!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Do you consider the deer in the first pic a shooter?

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

umichjesse
    Plymouth

Quote:

I have never shot one that small with my shotgun. However if I fast forward to next fall, my first bow season, and one that size presents himself that close to me when I have a bow in my hands it may be a different story. Most likely I will still pass as a doe will taste just as good and the bow season is a lot longer than the shotgun season so I will have plenty of time to get a better buck.

umichjesse
    Plymouth

Quote:

I have never shot one that small with my shotgun. However if I fast forward to next fall, my first bow season, and one that size presents himself that close to me when I have a bow in my hands it may be a different story. Most likely I will still pass as a doe will taste just as good and the bow season is a lot longer than the shotgun season so I will have plenty of time to get a better buck.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Wow, it doesn’t look that small to me. I think I might shoot it.

Is it a 8 or a ten, I can’t tell from the pic? Looks like a 2 1/2 year old deer to me.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.