Primos Deer Roar

• krisko
    Durand, WI

I was just wondering if anyone has used this or had any success with this new toy from Primos? I used it this weekend and had two very angry bucks. I just wanted to play around with it. I’ll explain more a little later…I just was looking for some background on this. Thanks

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I had not heard of this call before, I did a search and found this.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I had not heard of this call before, I did a search and found this.

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Ive been hearing alot about these this year, this model and others like it. I personally never heard a deer make this noise in my 20 yrs of deer hunting so it had me woundering…I have seen videos where this “roar” appeared to bring the bucks right in…id be interested in hearing more about your expierence with this…good hunting Jay

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

Ive been hearing alot about these this year, this model and others like it. I personally never heard a deer make this noise in my 20 yrs of deer hunting so it had me woundering…I have seen videos where this “roar” appeared to bring the bucks right in…id be interested in hearing more about your expierence with this…good hunting Jay

big_g
    Isle, MN

I picked one up. Sounds pretty mean. Also has a snort wheez on it

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

I picked one up. Sounds pretty mean. Also has a snort wheez on it

big g

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

ive got a dvd that came with mine. ill see if i can upload it on the net for you guys

some pretty amazing footage but ive never heard this sound

says that it really only works if your buck to doe ratio is to were the bucks are fighting over a estrous doe.

here is the one i have. Mark drury designed it

MAD game call

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

ive got a dvd that came with mine. ill see if i can upload it on the net for you guys

some pretty amazing footage but ive never heard this sound

says that it really only works if your buck to doe ratio is to were the bucks are fighting over a estrous doe.

here is the one i have. Mark drury designed it

MAD game call

big_g
    Isle, MN

oops, wrong one. I picked up the Primos one.

big g

big_g
    Isle, MN

oops, wrong one. I picked up the Primos one.

big g

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

I personally have never heard this sound nor have any of my uncles that have been hunting for the past 30-45 years

they only have it documented 3 times on this DVD but it is some pretty incredible footage

hooknfinger
    Rochester, Minnesota

I personally have never heard this sound nor have any of my uncles that have been hunting for the past 30-45 years

they only have it documented 3 times on this DVD but it is some pretty incredible footage

krisko
    Durand, WI

Ok…Time to give more info on this call. I have to say I’m pretty speachless on how this thing works. I’ve used it several times now and last week I started to really hammer on it. It sparked something in a couple of bucks. I had two nice 8’s come in to the roar area. I hit my can a little bit and they both were righ on top of me. I sat in a different area the next day and played around with it and again had 3 bucks come in. One was one of the 8’s from the night before and the others were smaller bucks that the 8 chased away. I know from scouting that this 8 is not the big guy in the area. I have a 14 and a15 pt bucks that are the true bruisers from the area. I have not gotten them in yet, but I feel confident with the rut now in full…I will be hitting that call during the day and in my favorite bedding area…This is the best call for me since “The CAN”.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Ok…Time to give more info on this call. I have to say I’m pretty speachless on how this thing works. I’ve used it several times now and last week I started to really hammer on it. It sparked something in a couple of bucks. I had two nice 8’s come in to the roar area. I hit my can a little bit and they both were righ on top of me. I sat in a different area the next day and played around with it and again had 3 bucks come in. One was one of the 8’s from the night before and the others were smaller bucks that the 8 chased away. I know from scouting that this 8 is not the big guy in the area. I have a 14 and a15 pt bucks that are the true bruisers from the area. I have not gotten them in yet, but I feel confident with the rut now in full…I will be hitting that call during the day and in my favorite bedding area…This is the best call for me since “The CAN”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.