Scent Blocker Recipe

• TROUTMAN
    S.E.Minnesota

There was a recipe posted last year for a homemade scentblocker recipe.Can’t find it in the search.Could someone post it again please?
    Thanks

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I’ve used the scent blocker sprays in the past and I still use the stuff on my equipment, but I store my clothes in a scent proof bag with cedar or arborvitae branches. The clothes will take on the natural scent and act as a cover. When you hit the woods take those same branches and rub them over your clothes and bare hands to release the oils which really activates the natural scent of the cedar. I have gotten unbelievably close to a lot of deer using this method including a 174″ that stood within 8 feet of me for five minutes before walking off and meeting his ultimate demise….

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I’ve used the scent blocker sprays in the past and I still use the stuff on my equipment, but I store my clothes in a scent proof bag with cedar or arborvitae branches. The clothes will take on the natural scent and act as a cover. When you hit the woods take those same branches and rub them over your clothes and bare hands to release the oils which really activates the natural scent of the cedar. I have gotten unbelievably close to a lot of deer using this method including a 174″ that stood within 8 feet of me for five minutes before walking off and meeting his ultimate demise….

timmy

Has anybody on here used this yet? I am leary of spraying good clothing with peroxide. I would hate to fade a new scent-lok suit or good leather boots with it. I mixed up a batch and am afraid to try it .

Any input is appreciated .

Tim

timmy

Has anybody on here used this yet? I am leary of spraying good clothing with peroxide. I would hate to fade a new scent-lok suit or good leather boots with it. I mixed up a batch and am afraid to try it .

Any input is appreciated .

Tim

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Just try it on an old black or dark T-shirt and be sure to let us know what or if anything happens.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Just try it on an old black or dark T-shirt and be sure to let us know what or if anything happens.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.