Decent vacuum sealer opinions?

• BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

I did a search but didn’t find much on the brand I was looking at. Anyhow, finally looking into a vacuum sealer and would like some input on brands and if one is even worth it. Yesterday at Shopko I saw a NESCO on sale for $59. Looked like a decent unit but I have no idea what to look for. Would like to get one that can be used for everything from veggies to venison. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Jeff mattingly
    Lonsdale, Mn

I have always bought the top model food saver $120-$150, and its a good unit. Only lasts me around 4 years before issues evolve and we have to replace it.

Scott Gergen
    Hastings, MN

Take a look at Waltons.com

They have really good vacuum sealers and a fantastic line of chamber vac machines. Unless you’re looking to spend $800+, you’ll be looking that the vacuum sealers.

Good place to buy vacuum sealer bags too – good quality and MUCH cheaper than you’ll find in a store.

Scott

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

If you want very good quality, go with an ARY VacMaster 350. Cost a little more, but you’ll get what you pay for.

Iowaboy1

I second the vacmaster,I have the pro 380,I figured if I was going to buy one it just as well be a good one.
    ordered through webstaurant,here is their link,you will find they have about anything you want for supplies,foods,seasonings etc.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Don’t bother with any sealer that’s less than a couple c-notes. Look at the repetition numbers to see what you can seal non-stop. If you can’t seal 100 packages in a session, don’t buy it.

My next vacuum sealer is going to be a chamber sealer…much cheaper bagging materials and these do a whole lot better job.

BassinBill
    La Crosse, Wi

If you want very good quality, go with an ARY VacMaster 350. Cost a little more, but you’ll get what you pay for.

Randy is this the same one you’re talking about? Price seems really good!

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20190203-153117_Samsung-Internet.jpg

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Randy Wieland wrote:</div>

Randy is this the same one you’re talking about? Price seems really good!

Yes sir! If that price of 249 is legit, jump on that like stink on a turd. I think MAP price is 349. 249 is just about dealer cost.
    Also, look out for buying the Seal-a-Meal bags in stores. I usually see the retail price of the VacMaster Full Mesh bags cheaper and you get a better bag, full mesh for vacumm, and a larger quantity.
    Because I use mine so much, I just order case packs of the rolls and quart bags.
    Just this fall alone, we packaged in 2 days of butchering:
    5 elk
    4 mulies
    5 whitetails
    (we grind and make our own elk/deer burger) and pack at 1.5# bags –
    Since my Mother passed, my wife and I are using ours daily with left-overs for making my Dad packaged meals.

BTW, if you do damage the teflon tape or the heat strip, is about $6 or $8 for a replacement and SUPER easy to replace!!!

I just looked at the website that was linked above. Those unit prices are awesome. The biggest difference in the 350 and the 380 is the seal strip size. 350 = 12″ and the 380 = 16″

zooks

Sick of my foodsaver and have been shopping for a bit, the VacMaster 350 gets really good reviews and that price is a steal.

If I were to buy an inexpensive model, I would consider this one from PolyScience. They were one of, if not the first to produce vacuum sealers and sous vide machines for commercial use and they continue to come up with really innovative new products, so their workmanship is still top notch. As mentioned, it probably can’t handle a large butchering session and likely more suited for occasional use. Hope this helps, good luck.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.