Harbor View Resort in the off season.

• nwbuck
    Hartley, IA

Fall and winter are tops in my book

Is the resort open during winter months? I was thinking it would make a great weekend getaway that is close to home….with a little ice fishing thrown in for good measure.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Hi Dale,hows it going? Yep we’ll be open this winter.
    Ryan Hale

adloos
    Winona, MN

How thick does the ice get down there?

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Andy,we get plenty of ice down here.Spirit Lake borders the Mn. border.
    Most years you can drive trucks on the ice.
    Ryan Hale

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Ryan, you have sparked a bit of interest here. I have alarge group of guys who join me up in Minnesota a couple of times a winter. I know West O has some nice perch fishing, so does Spirit. Would you say the lakes are starting to have some large year classes come through? Are you seeing the 9 inch plus size yet? What is the best time of the year for ice fishing, early ice or end of Feb.? Looks like your resort would be nice to get a smaller group together at.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

We are now into our off season at Harbor View Resort.We will have some great fall fishing,waterfowl and pheasant hunting,and of course ice fishing coming upon us in the very near future.
    Off season rates make a trip to the IGL’s a very affortable adventure.
    Ryan Hale

nwbuck
    Hartley, IA

Is the resort open during winter months? I was thinking it would make a great weekend getaway that is close to home….with a little ice fishing thrown in for good measure.

nwbuck
    Hartley, IA

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Ryan Hale

adloos
    Winona, MN

adloos
    Winona, MN

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Ryan Hale

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Ryan, you have sparked a bit of interest here. I have alarge group of guys who join me up in Minnesota a couple of times a winter. I know West O has some nice perch fishing, so does Spirit. Would you say the lakes are starting to have some large year classes come through? Are you seeing the 9 inch plus size yet? What is the best time of the year for ice fishing, early ice or end of Feb.? Looks like your resort would be nice to get a smaller group together at.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

shaley
    Milford IA

I cant speak for West O but we have been taking quite a few 9-11″+ perch off Spirit trolling cranks for eyes latley.

shaley
    Milford IA

I cant speak for West O but we have been taking quite a few 9-11″+ perch off Spirit trolling cranks for eyes latley.

shaley
    Milford IA

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Hi Pete,last year I had a couple of very good days on Spirit through the ice.They were both in Feb.Caught perch up to 12″‘s off of Spirit last year.
    West has a decent population of perch also,but I mostly fish for gills throught the ice on West.I’ve had some good days on the perch this summer on West.The fall bite on perch should start withing a few weeks.
    Thanks for your interest.
    Ryan Hale

chomps
    Sioux City IA

yes, this fall is also a good idea, we usually get into them up on Mille Lacs, my brother is putting up a big garage with an apartment in it on the North side of Mille Lacs, more than likely I’ll join him for the barn raising party, but if I’m in the area are we talking October along reeds with a hard bottom in 4-6 fow?

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Hi Pete,last year I had a couple of very good days on Spirit through the ice.They were both in Feb.Caught perch up to 12″‘s off of Spirit last year.
    West has a decent population of perch also,but I mostly fish for gills throught the ice on West.I’ve had some good days on the perch this summer on West.The fall bite on perch should start withing a few weeks.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Ryan Hale

chomps
    Sioux City IA

yes, this fall is also a good idea, we usually get into them up on Mille Lacs, my brother is putting up a big garage with an apartment in it on the North side of Mille Lacs, more than likely I’ll join him for the barn raising party, but if I’m in the area are we talking October along reeds with a hard bottom in 4-6 fow?

chomps
    Sioux City IA

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

The DNR roadside counts are now done for the state of Iowa.The overall pheasant population was down 22% statewide.But the Iowa Great Lakes area had excellent counts for bird #’s.We do allow dogs at Harbor View Resort so if anyone is looking for upland hunting in Iowa let me know.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

The DNR roadside counts are now done for the state of Iowa.The overall pheasant population was down 22% statewide.But the Iowa Great Lakes area had excellent counts for bird #’s.We do allow dogs at Harbor View Resort so if anyone is looking for upland hunting in Iowa let me know.
    Ryan Hale

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Ryan Hale

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.