FYI: credit card payment changes

• gary_wellman
    South Metro

My true, solid, best recommendation is to contact your credit card companies and find out their intentions.

I know some companies have sent out information already to their clients. However, we all throw away our “junk mail” we get with our credit cards.

Honestly, to some, this is going to be relatively painless. To others I’m afraid, it is really going to hurt.

In all my searching on this, I cannot find the actual federal press release on this. Everything that I can find is soley based on 2nd and 3rd hand media reporting, which leads into biased statements and information.

Again, the consumers should really contact their credit cards companies to find out how it is going to impact them.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

My true, solid, best recommendation is to contact your credit card companies and find out their intentions.

I know some companies have sent out information already to their clients. However, we all throw away our “junk mail” we get with our credit cards.

Honestly, to some, this is going to be relatively painless. To others I’m afraid, it is really going to hurt.

In all my searching on this, I cannot find the actual federal press release on this. Everything that I can find is soley based on 2nd and 3rd hand media reporting, which leads into biased statements and information.

Again, the consumers should really contact their credit cards companies to find out how it is going to impact them.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Gary.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks Gary.
    Thanks, Bill

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

Here is some more information that I got this morning at our visa meeting…..

It is up to the institution to decide if they want to increase the minimum payment. For example I work at a credit union and we are not raising our minimum payments. there will be no changes what so ever. However thats not to say that wells fargo or us bank or any of the other monster institutions will do the same. I would take Gary advice and call your institution that credit card is from. If they are conforming on the first of the year you should call Gary ASAP and get your debt consolidated before it you

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

It is up to the institution to decide if they want to increase the minimum payment. For example I work at a credit union and we are not raising our minimum payments. there will be no changes what so ever. However thats not to say that wells fargo or us bank or any of the other monster institutions will do the same. I would take Gary advice and call your institution that credit card is from. If they are conforming on the first of the year you should call Gary ASAP and get your debt consolidated before it you

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

About two weeks ago I called Think Credit Union [formerly IBM] and the gal I talked to didn’t know anything about it. So maybe the credit unions aren’t? Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

About two weeks ago I called Think Credit Union [formerly IBM] and the gal I talked to didn’t know anything about it. So maybe the credit unions aren’t? Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks, Bill

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Correct Bill!

Most credit unions and other small “local banks” will be very slow to respond to this.

Banks such as CITI, Bank of America, MBNA will be the first to make the changes.

Nobody should panic over this. All with credit card debt, that is rolled over each month however should contact their credit card company and find out that company’s intentions, so no surprises appear.

Please feel free to ask any question that is in regard to this, or similar scenario. I’m more than happy to assist in any way I can.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Correct Bill!

Most credit unions and other small “local banks” will be very slow to respond to this.

Banks such as CITI, Bank of America, MBNA will be the first to make the changes.

Nobody should panic over this. All with credit card debt, that is rolled over each month however should contact their credit card company and find out that company’s intentions, so no surprises appear.

Please feel free to ask any question that is in regard to this, or similar scenario. I’m more than happy to assist in any way I can.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Correct Bill!

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.