Danged if you do…

• Justin Karriker

Danged if ya don’t….

Just realized something. I haven’t made any significant fishing purchases since I’ve been with my better half…. Or Not any that I’ve tried to sneak by.

Upon further thinking…. “She’s a woman, she won’t know St. Croix, Fenwick, or a Thorn Bros custom from a Fleet Farm Special….”

Then it hit me, she’s taught me everything I know (not much) about ice fishing…. Told me I could just get by with a cheap hand auger for now, didn’t need a Lazer (the get by with a hand auger could be debatable, but will have to happen…. And she called Lazer by name)….

Then it also hit me, as if I didn’t already know….my better half has a G-Loomis fish logo tatooed on the back of her neck.

Fishing stuff won’t be as easy to justify and slip by her as hunting stuff will.

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

“Slip by” is a term reserved for spouses that can’t appreciate the quality of the item. It doesn’t sound like that is an issue for you. In fact, it sounds like you have someone that can appreciate and celebrate the item with.

Justin Karriker

I think she appreciated it more before remodeling the house (read Home Depot and Mernards debt) after we moved in late summer D

Justin Karriker

I did over hear her on the phone with her mom the other day when asked what she wanted “…. If you’re insistent on getting us something and spending that much, get a together gift…. We need a new air compressor that can sustain pneumatic tools…or a nice new set of tools…”

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

.my better half has a G-Loomis fish logo tatooed on the back of her neck.

#1. Its like a fish story, didn’t happen without a picture whistling

#2. G-Loomis….sounds high maintenance to me jester

That’s good stuff man. I’ve found if I spoil her all my bigger items go unmentioned. It requires $$, but they deserve it!! toast

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

I live in fear, that if I die, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her it cost. blush

David Blais

I live in fear, that if I die, my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I told her it cost. blush

rotflol

glenn57
    cold spring mn

I find that if I need something nice for fishing, its OK to buy………..as long as she gets one too!

SuperDave1959
    Harrisville, UT

One of my tricks that seems to work is telling my wife that I bought the item with my Cabelas credit card points and therefore, it didn’t cost anything.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.