CWD

• slawrenz
    Twin Cities

To save everyone then entire read here is the conclusion:

CONCLUSION
    Available data indicate that the incidence of CWD in cervids is increasing and that the potential exists for transmission to humans and subsequent human disease. Given the long incubation period of prion-associated conditions, improving public health measures now to prevent human exposure to CWD prions and to further understand the potential risk to humans may reduce the likelihood of a BSE-like event in the years to come.

I would emphasize, in my opinion, the Prion based diseases are unlike bacterial or virus based diseases and there is not near enough known about them to understand what the dangers are. In the past they have been able to jump to humans (with a very long incubation period). I personally would not eat any meat from an infected area without testing.

Gordio

Oh he’ll naw…

You know, deer when everything was natural before settlers came to this county, didn’t number anywhere near what they number today. There’s far too many of them, and nobody cares because everyone wants to shoot one each fall. Even in places where they never were historically (looking at you arrow head region of MN)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.