Customer service ARGH!

• The_Bladepuller
    South end

I started out with Lowrance. Pops had a tan box flasher & got a green bo later.
    My 1st graph was a. LMS 360 A. Still have it bit not on the old Lund.
    1st color sonar (I still have it and use it) is a X510c.
    I previous had an issue with the original X510c & Lowrance replaced it out of warranty with me paying a fair amount when it couldn’t be fixed.
    I now have a Gen2 HDS 8 with a Gen2 HDS 7 cabled the newer one. All is good so far. This is my pontoon and I’ll troll the badin some pulling cranks on boards with a bunch of not so serious anglers having a few beverages. No Structure Scan needed for DI / SI with the gen 2 touch screen unit. All good so far.
    Now my 1st HDS set up on my fishing boat has a SS box & another Gen 1 HDS 7 coupled to a HDS 8. It appears that the 8″ unit has a bad power switch. It won’t fire up at all yet the 7″ works on either power cable.
    Fish Lectronics in SLP told me they can’t get parts from Lowrance & Lowrance won’t even do ANYTHING on units older than 5 years.
    I call Lowance customer service and am # 48 in their queue & please have my units serial # for faster service. While I’m on hold for the next 2 hours I now am # 22 in the queue.
    I did run over to Reeds Outpost and young Nathan, the young sonar guru, told me the wonders of the Bird and how Lowrance customer service is HS.
    It is worse than horse poop.
    I’ll NEVER buy another one of their products. Never.

basseyes

Jumped to bird a few years ago and no regrets.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Not to rain on your party but if you think there are any manufactures besides vexilar that is going to bend over backwards on a unit over 5 years your dreaming. I have both and neither last forever and there customer service is one in the same. Good Luck

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I’ve dealt with Lowrance twice for customer service and they resolved my issue in a timely manner both times. Bear in mind these were for units less than 3 years old each time though.

Gitchi Gummi

Bird customer service has been very good to me over the years, with sonars for both the ice and boat.

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

Hummingbird CS tried to sell me a new “replacement” ICE 55 for full retail when mine would only read anything when switched to the 10x depth setting. Pretty much told me tough cookies. Swore then I’d never own another HB product.

Ripjiggen

Those units are over ten years old and 4-5 systems old.

I get the frustration but I don’t think this is a Lowrance issue by any means.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

There was an update released recently that caused some issues w/ Lowrance’s Active Target.

I called HB a couple of years ago trying to get a unit fixed… It was too old to get fixed. It was only 5 years old. It’s not a Lowrance problem. I’ve had nothing but good experiences with Lowrance customer service so far. Only needed them once.

The_Bladepuller
    South end

I didn’t expect Lowrance to warranty the units.
    A 2 plus hour wait to talk to a human is crazy.

rjthehunter
    Brainerd

I didn’t expect Lowrance to warranty the units.
    A 2 plus hour wait to talk to a human is crazy.

The recent update has had the phone lines very busy I’ve heard… That’s certainly not the normal wait time. Did you not want to receive a call back when it was your turn in line? It usually asks if instead of waiting they’ll call you once you’re up…

The_Bladepuller
    South end

I never had a call back as an option offered.
    2 hrs & I got approximately half way through the queue. That was enough wasted time for one day.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

2 hrs & I got approximately half way through the queue. That was enough wasted time for one day.

I don’t blame you for that one, 2 hours waiting is 3 times as long as I’d give it. Maybe try later after the “wave” of people that are having trouble with the new software update has subsided.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.