Current ice conditions / Ice out dates – Pas area Canada

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’m trying to find the current ice conditions or ice out dates for a area in Canada. I cant seem to find anything on the net. The area I’m looking for Info. on is know as the Pas area. We have a trip planned to Reed lake the 1st week in June. I was hoping for a late ice out there this year. It doesn’t look like I’ll get my wish. The closer to ice out the better the fishing. We moved the trip up a week earlier this year. You have to be a bit carful to not plan it to early. One year the ice did not go off the lake till early June. If anyone know where I can find some data or knows the current condition – Let me know.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

What – No member from here lives in West Central Manitoba?

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

I feel your pain Fishthumper. We used to fish lake Kississing and would go as early as possible, but ice out can be in June……. We settled on the second week of June, but sometimes that was too late.

If we would hit it right, you could catch walleyes, Northerns, and Lake Trout all in 10 FOW or less along the shores.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

If we would hit it right, you could catch walleyes, Northerns, and Lake Trout all in 10 FOW or less along the shores.

Yep. That is what we are hoping for. I really like the Bonus that the lake trout add. I just hope that the ice out there is later this year than it was last.

to_setter
    Stone Lake, WI

The last trip I made up there they had early ice out. Fishing was good, but lakers were deep. We don’t typically target them much up there, but I had the itch one day, so I put eight 2 ounce bottom bouncers on a three way and ran a 8 foot leader back to a spoon and caught them. it wasn’t pretty, but it worked:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.