1. IMG_20210725_140541050-scaled.jpg

Jake Thelen
    Medford, MN

Looks tasty. Care to share the recipe?

glenn57
    cold spring mn

sure pretty simple.

As many cukes as you want to use. Also onions as you like.

I peel the cukes, clean the onions and use one of them 4 sided things for slicing and shredding. Slice the cukes and onions,mix together.

Add salt, generous supply, let stand 2 1/2 to 3 hours, mix up occasionally. rinse thoroughly several times.

Throw them in a bowl, add half and half till mixed. No real measurements. Add a bit of sugar and vinegar. The more vinegar you add the more tart it gets. Taste test it till you get the desired results. To tart and more sugar.

Jake Thelen
    Medford, MN

Thanks Glenn. They will pair nicely with a light Busch and burgers for dinner tomorrow

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

peal and slice cukes and onions. Mix with 1/2 cup miracle whip, 1/4 cup sugar, couple tablespoons of vinegar, some salt and pepper. If big bunch double the ingredients. Takes a little time and mixing to get creamy.

Coletrain27

peal and slice cukes and onions. Mix with 1/2 cup miracle whip, 1/4 cup sugar, couple tablespoons of vinegar, some salt and pepper. If big bunch double the ingredients. Takes a little time and mixing to get creamy.

thats how we make them at home. always tasty!

glenn57
    cold spring mn

my wife makes something similar too but I don’t think she adds vinegar.

When we both make our type, mine gets hit harder when there is a group. waytogo woot

BigWerm
    SW Metro

We just had our first cukes of the summer last night, and use a similar recipe to what’s posted. 1/2 Sour Cream, 1/2 Mayo, Capful of Apple Cider Vinegar, Sugar and fresh ground pepper to taste. Doesn’t get much better!

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jake Thelen wrote:</div>

sure pretty simple.

As many cukes as you want to use. Also onions as you like.

I peel the cukes, clean the onions and use one of them 4 sided things for slicing and shredding. Slice the cukes and onions,mix together.

Add salt, generous supply, let stand 2 1/2 to 3 hours, mix up occasionally. rinse thoroughly several times.

Throw them in a bowl, add half and half till mixed. No real measurements. Add a bit of sugar and vinegar. The more vinegar you add the more tart it gets. Taste test it till you get the desired results. To tart and more sugar.

This recipe over fresh red potatoes can’t be beat!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.