Christmas Eve Eyes

• Riverdog
    Stillwater, Mn

Santa must have just cleared the Stillwater bridge, cause we were out on the Eve for some late night Walleyes and he delivered! Big. We managed 10 total, 3 between 3-4# the rest just over 15″. Lost 1 big, not sure what it was. Used blue angel eyes w/fat heads. Charged’em before they went down. GyPSy – N*** ** *** W*** ** ***. Got this spot from Fish Hunter. Thanks bud, nice present.

Scales

Got this new computor for Christmas, grandkids hooked it to the internet. Been read’n your letters. Good stuff. Why don’t you young guys ever share your honey holes. In my day we shared, helped each other, like that Fish Hunter guy. Hope you don’t think that the river is only about walleyed pike. Don’t forget about the freash water drum and the cats. Good eat’n. Hope to see you guys out there.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Hi Lloyd….
    Well.. actually there IS quite a bit of sharing of spots… but its usually via PM….. not always, but some have mentioned a public mention of a spot on the Croix will increase fishing pressure by a multiple of 10…. Ive not seen that….. but then I typically fish during the week… and often not in the most popular spots….. Ive NEVER ice fished the croix.. and I would be happy to hear some of the areas that produce….. people have talked quite a bit about out in front of bayport and down to Hudson… but Ive “heard” that there is some good fishing out in front of Prescott too…. but Ive only talked to one guy who fished that area regularly…..

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Lloyd, those are some grandkids!!

Welcome to the EFN Family!! I can’t tell you how happy I am to hear about the tastiness of drum! Everyone here thinks I’m nuts! Well,……………I’m not saying they’re wrong………..I’ve been known to be just a bit kiddywompus of the plumb line, but I enjoy the sheepies from time to time! Alas…….I am not alone!!!

Lloyd, do you ice fish the Croix? Prefer summer or winter? We’ll have to talk shop sometime!

Anyway, welcome to the board, we’re glad to have you!!! And if we don’t see you on the water, we’ll see ya here!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I don’t smoke ’em……………they’d probably be excellent that way but I have a simple frying recipe that does just fine. Most choke and gag at the thought but I haven’t had anyone that was brave enough to taste it spit it out yet!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Hey Lloyd,
    I too like Sheepshead! First, I remove the lateral line, then I saute them in white wine for about 3 minutes per side. I then gently remove them, toss them in the trash and drink the stock! Delicious, absolutely delicious!
    Jack

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I HEAR SOMEBODY CALLIN’ ME OUT!!! LOL! Not only do they taste like chicken, they turn people into them as well! The only way to break the curse is to find out if your zipper is in the front or on the side!

(………..oooohh How much trouble am I going to get into now? )

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Hey Stillakid2, Tastes like chicken and turns you into one? Complete with feathers? If I didn’t know better, I’d say you were Goin nuts. As far as the zipper goes, I sold that when I left the Bloods! Hey how come you didn’t answer my email about Muskie fishing on the Croix?
    Jack

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Heard he was using “rolled crappie paper”, wrapping each fillet in double layers.
    Jack

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I musta been a bit more absent minded than usual that day! Didn’t ignore you on purpose! I don’t have any good info for you though either. My biggest ‘ski was 30″ while casting flooded shoreline for smallies. I’ve needed more boat than I had available to me to get serious about chasing them, and that’s still true today. I’ve got issues to overcome ($$$) before I can get hard into the fishing again. Should be in good enough shape to plan the 2003 fall season………time will tell!

We’ll have to meet up sometime and discuss some strategies on the SCR. I’m always looking to learn and willing to share what little knowledge I possess.

Now, back to the razzin’……………! LOL! J/K! Have a great day!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.