Fishing Report – 7 December

• steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

My son and I fished at Bayport today. We had about 6″ of ice. Beautiful day to fish. Started across from the beach up on the side of the point in 16′ of water. We saw fish on the camera but had no action from 0900 to 1100. Moved off the Brown House into about 17′ of water. We got into a school of small sunfish and caught 16 from 1100 to 1300. We could only catch them sight fishing using the camera. The vexilar wasn’t much luck it would show fish but we couldn’t figure the bite. With the camera we could watch them suck in the waxies and set the hook at the right time. My son was using the vexilar and I had the camera and I outfished him 15 to 1. His hole was only 2 1/2 feet from mine but the water was too murky to see both lines on the camera. It was a lot of fun, at least for me, I usually don’t outfish him. We tried pimples and minnows from 1300 to 1600 after we saw a pretty good northern swim through. We saw some nice fish on the camera so it kept our interest up. We saw 2 sturgeon, 2 walleyes, 2 suckers, 1 northern and 1 smallmouth – none of them showed any interest. Water was murky, we could see about 2 feet. Quite a few fisherman in the area – most of them fishing deeper water. A few were walking across the St Croix to the WI side. There were 2 four wheelers driving around. All in all it was a nice day to be out and we had great time for our first time on the ice this year.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.