Prescott on Sat.

• MONGO
    Spring Valley, Wi.

There was a good sauger bite on sat. morning in the Prescott area. I took some of my nicer fish on three-ways and minnows, trolled very slow. Also I caught quite a few fish on hair jigs. Just followTucks lastest report, it will put you into a good sauger bite.

If anyone wants to catch a mess of white bass head to the kinni narrows they seem to be everywhere, and there are some good sized ones in the 15 inch range being caught.

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Mongo, were you fishing upstream or downstream from the Mississippi and Croix confluence? I had pretty good luck with the walleyes/saugers using a three-way, spinner and crawler combination last week. Most of the fish were downstream on the channel edge between the wing dams, with a couple coming from the wing dams. I want to get back out this week. I’m hoping the larger fish will begin to come out of the post spawn funk and get hungry. Did you try the jig bite in front of the docks? That should be going very soon! Not the best place for large fish, but it can provide some excitement after pounding the water all day in search of the bigger fish. Tuckner, if you read this, have you been seeing any fish coming out of the Treasure Island area or Mileys/Buffalo runs yet? Send me a PM if you want. I’m thinking about hitting these areas on Wednesday morning and I’m wondering if the females have began biting in the area. Let me know if you could. Thanks!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Have not been to Buffalo or mileys yet. Plan to shortly. Most of my nicer fish have been coming from the Steamboat north. If you look north from the steamboat, you will see some apartments right on the water. The shelf coming out from the shore there runs from about 15-30 feet. Working jigs downstream in about 22 feet to the Steamboat, and slow trolling Phelps floaters/minnows/crawlers/leeches back up is working well for eaters. Mileys should be doing well, and Buffalo should start producing on crawlers very shortly, if not already.

Tuck

MONGO
    Spring Valley, Wi.

bri_, I caught the fish from the Steamboat’s dock on up river in 16′ of water earlier in the morning. And then the fish moved deeper when a few more boats moved in. I only took two or three drifts in front of the docks, nothing happened so I moved on. I’m also planning on going out wed. morning. I’ll be in the black Crestliner with the 115 Yamaha and I think my 4 yr old will be with. Stop by and say Hi.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.