Prescott?

• bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Does anybody know what the approximate time of year (date) that the walleyes begin biting in Prescott? If there are any there, will this high water shut them down? I’m heading out tomorrow morning and was thinking about pitching flooded shallows in Red Wing, but if there is any kind of bite going in Prescott, I wouldn’t mind trying that. I’m taking my daughter out, so I need to boat a fish at least every half hour to keep her interested! LOL!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Well sir, I don’t think it matters if the walleyes are biting in Prescott or not tomorrow……………season is closed until May 4th so I’d stick to Red Wing until then, unless you opt to chase panfish or open season “rough fish”. Good Luck!

bri_bigeyes
    Farmington, Minnesota

Thanks StillaKid! I would have been wondering why I was the only boat around jigging for walleyes…..or um white bass??

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

You made me laugh! Ever have one of those episodes when you think you’re really on top or your game but wonder where everyone else is? Your comment was like a deja vu! LOL!

You know, I’ve never chased spring time whities but I hear from various sources they should be going on a tear here real soon…………..if you were to find a school of those fish I would think you could keep your daughter entertained! And chances are, you wouldn’t have a whole lot of complany out there…………….until walleye opens…………spring time is pretty barren on the Croix!

bill mitchell

the walleye season is open year-around down stream of the rail road bridge in prescott. The confluence of the two rivers marks the end of inland waters for the miss. so fishing can be done all year. You can only fish from the confluence, down river. the area from the hastings dam to prescott is considered inland waters and there for is closed until may. The bite has been slow on account of the water is rising quite quickly. If you go watch out for TONS of debris in the water especially w/ the kids in the boat. Try the rocks along the first marina in prescott, or the drift in front of the docks w/ heavier jigs for suagers. The area in front of the public dock is another good drift. Of course the wingies down river from prescott are another good option, dont be afraid to fish ultra shallow with this high water. The river is expected to crest on wed. or thur. but might change on account of the rain we are receiving sat. and today(sun.) The prescott boat launch was open for business yesterday so I imagine it should be open today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.