Almost time!

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Couldn’t help but smile BIG this morning as everywhere I looked……………NO ICE! Now I can go to my favorite little crappie spot without a drill! Actually, I may be about a week too soon for the better fishing but with this warmer air moving in, I think it’ll come quick.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

saw my first boat of the year on Sunday. won’t be long until we can pick up some nice slabs in rip rap areas.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

have not seen any ice up here in the Osceola to TF stretch (except above the dam)….. but the water is still low and clear… the river is still BELOW the ramp at Osceola… its not even running bank full yet!!! and its very clear….. we have had quite a bit of melting and runoff the last couple of days… so MAYBE its coming up NOW….. I should see it tommorrow… I will be on it pretty soon to catch some white bass….. they start running up here about now… (normally)

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

Stillakid2, would you be willing to share information about those early season slabs?

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I don’t know tons but yeah, I can share what I know. I’m still working on “perfecting” the spring run but some days sure have a lot of smiles in them!

thor
    Hudson WI

its just not slmost time enough! i cant stand it! i just installed a new trolling motor this year and cant wait, now im waiting for those slap tips????????????????????????????

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

passed by Osceola launch again today… the river is up just a little from before… its still not even bank full yet… but it appears to be slowly rising… I would predict it will be bank full in a couple of days.. and fishing should start to improve….. spoke with some bank fishermen… they had caught a couple of suckers… and a small sturgeon (released)…. no catfish so far….

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

looks like they are getting some crappie from the normal Spring place in Hudson

thor
    Hudson WI

hey steveo…any tips on where those crappies might be seasonally this time of the year? would like to take the boat out this weekend with my son and dont want to rub bumpers down on pool 4.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.