what time fish normally bite….

• inoobfishing
    NULL

hi everyone…another noob question.

What time of the day this two fish normally bite in the st. croix river.

Walleye?
    Whitebass?

thanks a bunch.

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

hi everyone…another noob question.

What time of the day this two fish normally bite in the st. croix river.

Walleye?
    Whitebass?

thanks a bunch.

When they’re hungry… ….sorry I couldn’t resist..
    When you do find the answer to that question please let me know..
    Lol.. .
    On a serious note…typically early mornings and evenings will fare well…but condition such as cloudy skys vereses bright blue bird days
    cold fronts etc. .IMHO….fish bite all day just like I do…just bigger meals at different times of the day…
    Im not really good at giving advice.. but I would go early and stay late….and fish hard

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

they do and will bite all hours of the day on the croix – need to be willing to be versatile to your set ups and move and move and move to find them at times…

sandmannd

There’s never a specific time of day for fishing. I’ve done most of mine between 5 and 11 AM on the river and have done great but have also had days where you don’t catch a lot. I’ll lindy rig or jig in the morning and handline late morning to late afternoon. It all depends on what they want. They are always there and pretty willing to bite if your presentation is what they want. Plastics are good on a jig. Worms, leeches and minnows all have a place on a lindy. Firetiger is a great rap to use. Just try an area, if it doesn’t go in 20-30 minutes move and try again. In those 20-30 minutes, change up your bait. You can use two lines on the river so have one with a crawler and one with a minnow for example. Cover water. If you aren’t marking fish, don’t fish that area. Look for slack water.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I always say its 10-2 water. Of course not always but my point is its daytime water. I find that too early or late in the day is not as good. Kind of the opposite of most walleye lakes.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

They start biting as soon as I start fishing!

inoobfishing
    NULL

Quote:

They start biting as soon as I start fishing!

lol

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I know there has been a few guys fish the Tuesday night league that do really well fishing mornings into the afternoon that really struggled putting any bite together from 6 – 9 at night.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

4:30am-6:30am

lunker33
    excelsior

Bankers hours!! 9-5

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.