Any luck?

• Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Caught more sheepies than I cared to in the bayport area today. No walleyes to the boat. A few misses that seemed to be eyes compared to the persistant pecking the sheeps do. Fished from 15-25 ft. The bridge construction has really intrupted some good fishing! Might have to focus south of 94 more!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

We found the sheeps and walleye mixed yesterday.

has
    Hudson, WI

Fished saturday till 11 a.m. 2 legals. Probably caught 30+ shorts. I cant remember a year when there was so many 14-14.5″ fish. 15-25′ of water. O yeah, sheaphead are on a tear out there.

Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

Quote:

O yeah, sheaphead are on a tear out there.

No they are on a RAMpage…

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I only got 1 sheepie saturday and LOTS N LOTS N LOTS of walleye and sauger under that 15″ mark

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Most eyes I’ve come across have been under 15 also. The next few years should be great out there by the sounds of the reports.

Dale Rueber
    Red Wing, MN

Fished the Prescott area on Sunday with good luck in the morning (started at 9AM) on Walleyes. Picked up 5 Walleye from 16 to 20″ and a bunch in the 13 to 14″ range. Lots of Sauger but most were in 10 to 13″ with just a few making it over 14″. Moved off the spot we were catching the Walleyes on when it got congested and only found smaller fish on our other favorite spots. We were trolling so I prefer fishing where there are not a lot of other boats. Contrary to other reports that I have been reading, we only caught 2 sheepies. Good day on the water but the pleasure boat traffic is really starting to pick up.

Almericus

Fished the King Plant from shore near the discharge yesterday 6am. The water was so calm that you could see the wake from the fish as they swam in which was kinda neat to see. Caught a few Sauger biggest was 14. Tons of Sheepshead which got me itching to throw my other line out with some cut bait. I wasn’t sure about size limitations on caught bait though. Is there a size limit on sheepshead/goldeye/mooneye used for catfishing?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Is there a size limit on sheepshead/goldeye/mooneye used for catfishing?

No Sir, it’s whatever you catch.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.