Open Water on the Criox

• ted-merdan

Hey Guys!

What is the status of the river? I need to break in two motors and thought this would be perfect place with lots of room and little traffic this time of year.

I appreciate any updates!

ted

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Ted,

There is quite a bit of open water right in front of Beanie’s right now. Still quite a bit of ice however. I have a ’01 90 Merc. ELPTO that I have to break in this Spring. Never done it before. Any tips you could give me would be great.

Thanks

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

FYI-dont know about St Croix-but Pool 2 from the Ford Dam to MN river confluence had 3 boats on Sunday. You could probably have almost 7 miles of river to yourself during the week. Very little as far as ice flows-but you still need to watch.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Id probably opt for pool 2…. more room… and beanies is going to want $5 to launch… launching at the 494 bridge is free….. just my 2cents

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Too much ice on the Croix and it’s busting up……………never know where that “BIG” chunk will show up and they like to announce their presence about the same time you hit them!!! It’s not hard to see an ice shelf, but the chunks that break away sit right at or just below surface level………….you’ll never see them coming! Pool 2!!!!!!!

bill mitchell

trailer your boat to the miss. and use the water there. You have all the room you need and both ramps are free(494) ,hidden falls). The croix you wiil end up doing circles and disturbing the sleeping walleyes. LOL

bigtime
    North Carolina

Hey guys

Whats it lokking like for water level ths spring on the croix? I have been in mexico for the last three months and have no idea right now of the conditions back home. I am getting anxious to get home and start cattin on the croix. I know a lot still depends what we get for rain in the spring, but is there much snow still? I usually fish the upper croix and later on in the summer I am kicking up more sand than water with my prop.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Snowfall has been way above average for March. Unfortunately, it’s way below average for the whole year.

The water is low. I’m hoping for a wet Spring but not as wet as last year.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.