Early November Report

• Charlie “Turk” Gierke
    Hudson Wisconsin

The bite has been up and down, we did boat eight keepers last trip, plus tons of white bass. Fried up one eye and one white bass…both were delectable.
    Been catching 90% of our fish on jigs and fatheads. Targeting 20 to 35 fow. Still finding huge schools of bait.
    Having fun catching the nice river mix while walleye fishing that the Croix is known for.. smallmouth, whities, and big crappies. Saugers should be on fire not happening yet.
    water temperature 49
    Pics:
    Bob Bickford with a nice eye,
    Tom with a trophy bass,
    Scott, Al, and Gener with eaters,
    Gener and Al with some slabs.

Dress warm and enjoy all the room on the river… the big boats are gone, and most guys are deer hunting.

Keep Catchin’

handy

Great pic’s. Going out on the croix tomorrow, hope to even 1/2 as well as you did. Love the mixed bag for excitement though. Tried polk county today for muskies, Croix is closer. Thanks for your posts.

Paul Heise
    River Falls, Wi

Great report! Went out on Sun from noon till 4:30 and kept 4 respectable saugs from 15 to 17 inches with many shorts. Could have also had a 3 man limit of eyes but none were legal. Hopefully the weather holds for one more weekend before deer chasing takes place!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice mixed bag of fish right there!

I love it when we target walleyes or saugers and also end up catching bonus fish like crappies, white bass & smallies.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Looked like an island of boats south of bridge yesterday in the usual fall/winter spot.

salmo_trutta
    River Falls,WI

None of them were there today when I launched, ended up catching just under two dozen shorts but nothing legal. Its kind of a downer to say the 13″ crappie I got was bigger than most of them. Had to leave before sundown due to the cold and lack of lights/electronics.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.