St Croix netting at Prescott

• fish-them-all
    Oakdale, MN

It appears to be that time of year. I see there were some fish being netted on the St Croix beach near Prescott saturday afternoon by the commercial fisherman. Anybody down there see any big eyes or muskies in the mix? There was a good crowd on shore watching when I drove by.

sandmannd

It’s been going for a couple of weeks now. I haven’t made it down this year.

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

last week I went down there again and they weren’t seeing the huge size but there was some big walleyes and a few big skie’s and pike, compared the previous couple weeks.

rugs
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

It appears to be that time of year. I see there were some fish being netted on the St Croix beach near Prescott saturday afternoon by the commercial fisherman. Anybody down there see any big eyes or muskies in the mix? There was a good crowd on shore watching when I drove by.

Saw it last year and was shocked to see them abusing game fish imo. Basically young kids pulling/ripping the fish out of the gill nets and then throwing/launching them over the side of the boat back in the water. Lots of floaters. Needless to say I wasn’t happy to see it at all.

Hichael Mutter

I just got fired last week so I will head down there and check it out!

lunker33
    excelsior

[Saw it last year and was shocked to see them abusing game fish imo. Basically young kids pulling/ripping the fish out of the gill nets and then throwing/launching them over the side of the boat back in the water. Lots of floaters. Needless to say I wasn’t happy to see it at all. ]

i also saw them throw/launch a 27″ eye that hit there boat and bounced back into the edge of the net and get tangled…..

rugs
    Hastings, MN

i also saw them throw/launch a 27″ eye that hit there boat and bounced back into the edge of the net and get tangled…..

It’s Bullsh**! Why are these guys allowed to net. I posted on this last year and no one really seemed to care.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.