1 locator or 2 on boats?

• steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Is one locator enough or is it more advisable to run 2?

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

SteveO,

I would recomend running 2. One on the bow and the other off the transom. This will allow you to know where the front and and back of the boat is at all the time. It comes in handy when fishing the face of a wing dam or a steep drop on a lake or river.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Dustin,

I know you ran a Fishawk last year. Where did you put the extra screen? On console or in the back?

Thanks

bill mitchell

one thing to keep in mind is make sure that both sonars don,t operate on the same freq. otherwise they will compete with each other. In shallow water it can be a pain in the…….

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

SteveO,

The one on the transom I put on the console. You can put it in the back, but it is easier to see when you are driving if it is on the console……you could always drive backwards LOL!!!

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Dustin,

This is the first time for me owning a nice fishing boat and the first time I will have operated a boat (outside of rentals) since I used to pushed my Dad’s 14 ft alum w/ a 25 horse up and down the river outside of Tremp. in the 70’s and 80’s. I may drive it backwards. lol

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

SteveO,

I don’t think you will! I have met you and you are a pretty level headed guy. You will not have any problems I am sure. Most of the new Crestliners have Auto Pilot any way…..just in case.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.