Creating a trust for a suppressor.

• Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Any one create a trust to put the suppressors in . I am kicking around the idea of having a lawyer make me a trust so I can put my dependents in as well, that way when I kick the bucket, or even want to allow my significant other or son to borrow my gun with it on they are legally already in the trust the suppressor is assigned to.
    I figured for 200 bucks to have the lawyer do it all I would have my ducks in a row.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

Do you already have your suppressor? If not, I bought mine through silencer central and they provided all the paperwork for the trust. It was a guys brother from IDO here that works there, Scott Gales is his name.

I’m in the process of purchasing a suppressor right now through Silencer Central and would highly recommend them. Alex and his team make this lengthy and “difficult” process about as easy as possible. So far I’ve got less than an hour invested into the application process and my final paperwork was just submitted to the ATF this afternoon.

Dave maze
    Isanti

I did mine thru silencershop it was easy. I believe they set it up so the trust “owns” the suppressor. Then you and whomever are added to the trust so more than one person can be in possession of it legally. Everyone listed on the trust has to go through the fed paperwork and background checks.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I did mine thru silencershop it was easy. I believe they set it up so the trust “owns” the suppressor. Then you and whomever are added to the trust so more than one person can be in possession of it legally. Everyone listed on the trust has to go through the fed paperwork and background checks.

I’m reaching out to them today to start my paper work

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Everyone listed on the trust has to go through the fed paperwork and background checks.

That’s the important point, right there^^^^.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Absolutely amazing this process exists for such a mundane item that does nothing but improve the experience and save your hearing. The process is what has kept me from considering them. At this point I would need to purchase a weapon designed to accept one and I am done buying new weapons. I applaud you guys moving forward with this.

Coletrain27

Absolutely amazing this process exists for such a mundane item that does nothing but improve the experience and save your hearing. The process is what has kept me from considering them. At this point I would need to purchase a weapon designed to accept one and I am done buying new weapons. I applaud you guys moving forward with this.

Same here. The price of them drives me away plus the BS $200 a pop that has to go to the government for them

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Same here. The price of them drives me away plus the BS $200 a pop that has to go to the government for them

The tax stamp is ridiculous. But I’ve spent 200 on less cool stuff many times. 800 bucks plus the 200 to be in to a nice suppressor is something I don’t like, but once I do it I’ll love it.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

FYI, silencer central paid for all 3 of my tax stamps, they might have been running a special though. I applied for them in April and received them at the end of November.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I spent money on a lawyer with NFA trust experience for my trust. I saw one of those one size fits all trusts online and didn’t want anything to do with it but that was 10 years ago.
    I wouldn’t cry too loud about the $200 tax stamp, the price has never gone up since the NFA act went into law almost 90 years ago

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

FYI, silencer central paid for all 3 of my tax stamps, they might have been running a special though. I applied for them in April and received them at the end of November.

Hmmm that’s a solid deal. At least worth the phone call to. I have multiple long arms I’d like to put a can on, I am also looking for a can I can swap between a couple different guns. So I have a few different cans I want to buy. Any savings is going to be good savings.

isu22andy

They are expensive but worth it! Real question is does a local CO or officer even check the paperwork ? I’ve never been stopped with mine but always wondered how it would go .

Stanley

I went the trust route with mine. Used Rust Law. One thing about the responsible persons for the trust like mentioned they all need to do the finger prints and background check also I believe they have to be 21 or older so you wouldn’t be able to add your kids just yet. They can still shoot with them you just need to be there.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I went the trust route with mine. Used Rust Law. One thing about the responsible persons for the trust like mentioned they all need to do the finger prints and background check also I believe they have to be 21 or older so you wouldn’t be able to add your kids just yet. They can still shoot with them you just need to be there.

Yup I new that. More or less referencing the lady now and kid in the future.

Stanley

I don’t know what cans you’re looking at but I would suggest getting a rimfire one as well. They are super quiet. I can hear the bullet impact on cardboard at 50yds. Also if you have any rimfire pistols you can shoot cheap high velocity bulk ammo and it stays subsonic with the short barrel.

Just saw silencer shop has free tax stamp on select suppressors.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I don’t know what cans you’re looking at but I would suggest getting a rimfire one as well. They are super quiet. I can hear the bullet impact on cardboard at 50yds. Also if you have any rimfire pistols you can shoot cheap high velocity bulk ammo and it stays subsonic with the short barrel.

Just saw silencer shop has free tax stamp on select suppressors.

I’m not sure what suppressor I want as I’m pretty green when it comes to them. I just know I want 1 or 2 maybe 3 lol. Free tax stamp really is intriguing

isu22andy

Just maybe an FYI for guys with access to lathes or drill presses you can build a suppressor through a Form 1 . I know a guy who went this route. I believe its faster than the wait times to buy one or used to be. I havent researched it in a while – but if you search Form 1 Suppressor builds theres a ton of info and parts to build a solvent trap into a can legally . You also need to engrave the tube and pay the 200 dollar tax. https://solventtrapsdirect.com/ was a common place to buy parts to build your solvent trap. Not a lawyer or expert. Just dipped my toes into building one but backed out .

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

I just cant get over the wait times and $200 tax. I have heard the actual background check is no different than a normal one.

tornadochaser

I just cant get over the wait times and $200 tax. I have heard the actual background check is no different than a normal one.

Wait times lately have been drastically reduced. Buddy just got one approved in 31 days.

Youbetcha
    Anoka County

Wait times lately have been drastically reduced. Buddy just got one approved in 31 days.

Do you know if it was a form 1 or form 4? Form 4s are still awhile it seems.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.