Crazy high used sled prices , not today !

• Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

This thread got me thinking about all the stuff I have sitting in a shed, hasn’t been used in like 5 years –

2002 Ski-Doo 500f Touring, 2-up
    Otter sled with cover
    Eskimo Fatfish 6120 6-sided popup
    Jiffy Pro4 propane auger
    Legend Aluminum enclosed trailer, 7×23

Took a look at Craigslist and Marketplace, WOW! Prices are pretty inflated. Makes a guy say “Hmmmmmmmmm…..”

Life brings change , i used to ride motorcycles, i have no interest now . I know a guy who fished and guided 300 days a year , when stopped he sold everything ? Many years later he went ice with his then adult sons , caught a limit of walleyes with them . And as far as i know has not done it since . I often wondered about him ,how could he just stop like that , like turning off a switch . Life brings change that’s for sure .

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Another tip . Download the the service manual , hugh help to ID parts

Don, where are you finding downloadable service manuals? I’m looking for a reputable source.

Thanks.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Toddrun you could sell everything but the auger,may have to give that away.

reddog

Wife and I got back into snowmobiling last year with the amount of snow/.We both rode as kids 50 years ago. Fell into a deal. 2006 and a 2007 Ski Doo, 600 MXZ Renegades with Electric start, reverse, studded tracks, heated hand grips, carbides and reverse for $1000 each. The only thing they cost me last year was gas and oil and a battery for one of them. We had a gas.

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>toddrun wrote:</div>
    Another tip . Download the the service manual , hugh help to ID parts

Don, where are you finding downloadable service manuals? I’m looking for a reputable source.

Thanks.

I went to Hard Core sleder then do a search Downloadable service manual . The one i down loded was through BOX ? Covers a lot of years

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Update , pulled skid and hyfax cleaned seat and treated with m40 washed the dirt off , looks not to bad .

Attachments:
    1. IMG_6739-scaled.jpeg

2. IMG_6738-scaled.jpeg

deertracker

Beautiful sled. I always liked that body style. You could easily make a grand off that if you wanted. Looks very clean.
    DT

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Cleaned up great.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

^That’s a sharp looking, clean sled. Nice find!

Prices on used sleds are dropping by the day in the Southern 1/3 of the state, and will only get cheaper here.

Here by Pool 4 I’m showing 50 degrees on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with more rain. There’s not an inch of frost to be found within 100 miles of us heading into Christmas.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Update , pulled skid and hyfax cleaned seat and treated with m40 washed the dirt off , looks not to bad .

Don, that’s in almost unbelievably great condition, even the seat is great. Nice find. Thanks for the info re manuals.

Now for the snow…

Prices on used sleds are dropping by the day in the Southern 1/3 of the state, and will only get cheaper here.

Here by Pool 4 I’m showing 50 degrees on both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with more rain. There’s not an inch of frost to be found within 100 miles of us heading into Christmas.

Yes, like boats there’s a silly-season. In a normal year, I think starting with the first decent snowfall, things go crazy in the snow machine market. As soon as guys feel like there’s a sure thing as far as getting enough snow to use it, then the race is on to gobble up the good machines. That seems to last until about Feb 1.

With the weather this warm and having zero snow all the way to the far north of the state, I think guys are starting to write off this year and buyers are few and far between. It’s a big risk, especially if you’re in the marginal snow zone and will have to travel long distances to use the machine even in a normal year..

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Looks like walking in to the lake right now Yup i for sure lucked out this sled . Including the cost of the sled i have 591.00 dollars into it , bearing fluids hyfax etc

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Looks like walking in to the lake right now Yup i for sure lucked out this sled . Including the cost of the sled i have 591.00 dollars into it , bearing fluids hyfax etc

I just looked at the forecast and I think you may have overpaid. rotflol

Gotta love it. Why don’t we have any snow? It was Don what done it.

deertracker

Had to stop and look at that sled again. Man that is clean. applause
    DT

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Had to stop and look at that sled again. Man that is clean.

Yeah, super detailing job. Can’t believe the condition of the seat and hood.

Man, there are just some awesome deals out there on sleds right now. COVID buyers desperate to recover garage/shed space? Whatever, there are some really great sleds out there if you’re willing to gamble on being able to use them at all this winter.

Right by me there’s a Polaris XLT, looking just beautiful in the ad, near mint, lower miles, super price. Always loved this sled’s looks. Must resist… Must resist…

big_g
    Isle, MN

Lots of triples out there… I had a 95 XCR… had head issues it seemed, too much. Better luck with the 2 cylinders.

Ripjiggen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>deertracker wrote:</div>
    Had to stop and look at that sled again. Man that is clean.

Yeah, super detailing job. Can’t believe the condition of the seat and hood.

Man, there are just some awesome deals out there on sleds right now. COVID buyers desperate to recover garage/shed space? Whatever, there are some really great sleds out there if you’re willing to gamble on being able to use them at all this winter.

Right by me there’s a Polaris XLT, looking just beautiful in the ad, near mint, lower miles, super price. Always loved this sled’s looks. Must resist… Must resist…

Don’t know if it Covid buyers now as much as it is good luck riding for a decent season this year.

Nice ride.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Lots of triples out there… I had a 95 XCR… had head issues it seemed, too much. Better luck with the 2 cylinders.

Same. Both of my mid 90s polaris triples were as fast as hell but very finicky. Twins for me

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I had a ‘96. Didn’t have any issues with mine until one of the buddies landed on it with his sled. Only trouble we had with those triples was the flooding of the crankcase occasionally. Don’t know why, but I went to a ‘97 XC 440 after that. Handled awesome, but was a dog.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

So I took you guy’s advice on triples. I took it and I totally ignored it and bought the XLT. devil devil devil Eat my snow dust 2 cylinder boys. peace peace peace

No, I didn’t. Unfortunately, I gotta blow the 2024 Sporting Toy Allocation budget on something a lot less exciting–a new trailer to haul these things.

But THEN I’m going to ignore you killjoys and buy the triple. mrgreen

isu22andy

It aint a tripple unless it says Yamaha on the cylinder head !

Dave maze
    Isanti

I took a 99 mach z 800 triple for a spin once. Man, that was a nice smooth engine. Tons of torque.

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.