Crappies on Minnetonka

• Chris

I am taking my son fishing Friday on Lake Minnetonka and looking to see if anyone had any tips or areas to try. It would be awesome to get him on some fish with the nice weekend coming up. Thank you!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Get out a good lake map and look for small bays on the north side of the lake. Those will heat up the fastest. Pitching jigs with small crappie minnows works for me. Even Better if there is a little wind. Black bay/lake is where you will find many boats, you can tie into some nice sun fish and bass there also.

mr-special
    MPLS

which partof tonka ya thinking any specific bay, east or west? we can point ya in the general direction just need to narrow it dwn a lil

Chris

More the west side, halsteds, west arm, phelps in that area. im sure the key will be water temp but just looking for some suggestions? Thank you all!

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Minnesota Outdoor News Fishing Report — April 21, 2017
    LAKE MINNETONKA AREA
    Crappie and sunfish continue to hit in the bays, backwater areas, or channels over 5 to 8 feet on Lake Minnetonka, Lake Sarah, Lake Independence, and Medicine Lake. Most metro lakes are now giving up shallow panfish.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

More the west side, halsteds, west arm, phelps in that area. im sure the key will be water temp but just looking for some suggestions? Thank you all!

all of those bays you mentioned will give up fish. target the north sides and windswept sides looking in backwaters. Creeks that feed into the lake may be a good spot to target too. I have been sick so haven’t fished the lake much lately but last week they were still holding in the 6-12ft range. may have moved up shallower since then with warming conditions. Good Luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.