Cracks?

• Alex Fox

Anybody have first hand knowledge of any cracks that opened up? Tried looking at the satellite image but the clouds are blocking it. Webcams at the resorts, only a few are working, but it looks like Twin Pines might have open water a few hundred yards out. 40 degree temperature change and 20+ mph winds can cause some chaos.

Erik Swenson

Haven’t heard anything surprisingly. Have to think there would be opposite the wind direction unless it was locked in place well enough. Anyone have first hand accounts?

Bob Ford
    West Side Mille Lacs Lake

The lake is open as far as I can see on seguchi point. The whole NW side is white caps.

Erik Swenson

That’s what I would have expected to hear with a blow like that…

Bob Ford

With the sun peaking out I can see the ice line about a quarter mile out. Definitely has a ridge where the water meets the ice.

Ripjiggen

Check out Garrison sports Facebook. Brad Hawthorn put up a drone video. West NW and N end have large gap of open water. East and South east sides seemed to be doing good but with that large of crack and if the wind changes it is going to cause isssues.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Just watched that video, that sucks I was thinking of heading up this weekend. I wonder with the cold if it will lock back up by then.

Ripjiggen

I wouldn’t be trying the side with open water. I would be looking more at that southeast side. It won’t lock up until the wind settles and then it will take some time to gain enough…check back with them they were going to post another one later on.

Bob Ford

That ice ridge looks to be 10ft high in spots. This definitely set things back a bit.

PmB

Really hoping red door is letting people out monday.

Ripjiggen

That ice ridge looks to be 10ft high in spots. This definitely set things back a bit.

Meh..send it.. jester

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I wouldn’t be trying the side with open water. I would be looking more at that southeast side. It won’t lock up until the wind settles and then it will take some time to gain enough…check back with them they were going to post another one later on.

Agreed, we are looking at the east side for sure. Anyone been out and know anything about the bite? Thinking of trying 12-16ft.

Nodakk

I fished out there Monday evening on 6” of ice. When I drove past it yesterday, there was open water..

Alex Fox

PMB, you can see a few portables out in front of Red Door on their Webcam. I know Barnacles is letting ATVs out to the first break and have a bridge over the crack that’s just off of shore.

PmB

Awesome. Thanks

matt

Tried a shoreline break yesterday late afyernoon into evening.Only marked a few fish no bites.Pretty much the same as was posted above,fish show up follow up/down then leave.East side 7inches of ice.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.