Courtesy LED light repair?

• ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Had a new Humminbird installed on the bow couple weeks ago. Don’t know if it’s a coincidence, but when I turned on the LED courtesy lights the fuse blew. I replaced it a couple times, and it blew the fuse again. The LED”s are in the bow, rod locker and in the back. Where do I start? Clipped wire, bare wire, etc? I’m not super handy, but once in awhile I can figure it out. Or, just get a couple flashlights. Thanks for any tips, Sam

Karry Kyllo

It sounds like they are on the same circuit and you are drawing too much current when you turn on your LED’s. It may be as simple as putting a larger fuse in the circuit but but I’m not sure that’d be the best solution. Are the LEDs factory? It may be best to rewire and put them on different circuits.
    Your LED’s and your Humminbird should be on different circuits and have individual fuses. At least that’s how I’d do it.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Yep, They either they added the graph to the LED circuit and now it draws to much for the circuit or they pinched the power wire to ground.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

Thanks for the replies. I’ll look into it. Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.