Cougar (cat not an older woman) running about Minneapolis

• KPE
    River Falls, WI

My money is on the underestimated wolf, because it wouldn’t be a fair fight- some federal judge from a big city who couldn’t identify a wolf in a pack of dogs would step in a protect the wolf from all of its enemies.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

What is the “wondering” cougar

The OP said it’s “not the first to wonder on through”, instead of wander, and we (myself included) are 12 years old at heart and like having fun with simple typo’s.

Brittman

Studies show that wolf packs often push cougars out of their preferred hunting territories and into less desirable regions.

That said, there appear to be quite a few wolves (collared) killed by Cougars in the Washington and Idaho areas where ranges overlap.

Google for an evening full of top-tier predator reading.

Brittman

Maybe I meant wondering … like where the hell am I vs. the badlands of ND or Black Hills where I started out from.

I wonder if I will ever find a lady cougar in this city (assuming this was another male on a run looking for love in all the wrong places).

BCNeal
    Bloomington, MN

The Cougar was hit on 394 and killed. Reported by StarTribune online.

ThunderLund78

All the ones they find around here are males and they always seem to follow waterways. I grew up in the MN river valley and I’ve never seen one or got one on a trail cam but I know people who have. DNR says once we stat seeing females, that ups the chance of a breeding population. But usually it’s the males who wander (or wonder, in this case rotflol ).

Brittman

Young male cougars that reach breeding age are likely not well tolerated by the older males that have established territories … they have to roam to find new territory. Young bull moose seem to do the same thing.

it was a spelling error … wink

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

The cat will be stuffed and they need help paying for it:

MINNEAPOLIS (FOX 9) – A cougar that was prowling neighborhoods in Minneapolis this month may soon go on display in the city, the Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board (MPRB) announced Wednesday.

The taxidermied cougar is set to become part of an educational display to be created by the MPRB.

The big cat was killed on Dec. 6 after wandering onto Interstate 394 and getting struck by a vehicle. In the days before that, the cougar was spotted on security cameras, wandering around the Lowry Hill neighborhood.

As FOX 9 learned, the 2-year-old cougar traveled more than 500 miles to Minneapolis from Nebraska, likely in search of a mate.

After it was killed, the Minnesota DNR took the cougar’s body and worked with the park board to get it to a taxidermist.

The park board says it is working to raise funds to help pay for the educational display. Anyone interested in donating is asked to write a check payable to the “Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board” with “mountain lion” in the memo line. You can send the check to:

Minneapolis Park and Recreation Board
    Attn: Customer Service – Mountain Lion
    2117 West River Road North
    Minneapolis, MN 55411

To use a debit or credit card, call MPRB Customer Service at 612-230-6400.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Shouldn’t there be Lessard funds for this ?

$12g’s to stuff a cat ? coffee

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

$12g’s to stuff a cat ?

Holy buckets is that how much it costs?!

CaptainMusky

Of course when the government gets involved.

Hard Water Fan
    Shieldsville

Maybe they should use the budget surplus to pay for it.

jester

big_g
    Isle, MN

Maybe they should use the budget surplus to pay for it.

jester

You get a cat and you get a cat and you get a cat.. etc etc etc jester

ThunderLund78

Educational display? I can go to the zoo and see a live one. I’ll donate if they promise to make it into a diorama with the cougar bouncing off a bumper. rotflol

Netguy
    Minnetonka

Many for sale online for well under $10k.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Can we display this thing stuffed in one of the taxpayer-funded stadiums that we built for losing teams owned by billionaires?

…it’d really bring things full circle with how tax dollars are spent around here

Deuces

10k sounds about right. Quality mount, probably be put on a nice stand of some sort, add in some signage and transportation costs here and there, think it’ll be a cool piece to have in the city. Hope they keep er close to Lowry hill, me and the kiddos will ride the bikes to check it out

grubson
    Harris, Somewhere in VNP

10k sounds about right. Quality mount, probably be put on a nice stand of some sort, add in some signage and transportation costs here and there, think it’ll be a cool piece to have in the city. Hope they keep er close to Lowry hill, me and the kiddos will ride the bikes to check it out

Are you sending them a check?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Send them a business check. Write it off on taxes. Probably is about a 2500 dollar mount. And the rest will be pocketed. Pretty typical mn bs.

Riverrat

Looks to me a rug goes for about 4-6 grand. Mounts from about 6 thousand. 10 doesnt sound to off to me. Who said it was gonna cost 10 in the first place?

big_g
    Isle, MN

The news this AM said $12k.

tswoboda

$12g’s to stuff a cat ?

I’m seeing a marketing slogan in Vegas here

Brittman

Wait – a wolf mount would be much more Minnesotan … right ?

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The news this AM said $12k.

Star Tribune reported $11,700 so 12 grand is accurate. I didn’t really think you were serious when you initially posted that earlier but apparently that is the asking price.

Riverrat

Thats some high roller stuff, even for Vegas.

JEREMY
    BP

Thats some pricey pussy.

big_g
    Isle, MN

OK.. hah he said it

Deuces

Are you sending them a check?

Just bc someone thinks it would be fun to see with his kid does not mean
    A. He will pay for it
    B. He thinks someone else should pay for it.
    C. He thinks the taxpayers should pay for it.
    As stated in article they’re trying to raise funds and I sure hope they do!

Send them a business check. Write it off on taxes

I get a chuckle everytime someone tells me to write stuff off. I’m not making fun of ur comment or yourself bc u probably know how it works but I dont think the vast majority of non business owners do.

27eyeguy

12K is crazy. Had full body mount done for son couple years ago for $2500.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.