Costa Sunglasses

• WarEagle

Whatever ones you get make sure they are the glass ones and that they are polarized. Spending that much money for the plastic ones are like taking one of the hottest girls to the prom. Its great, but everyone knows you aren’t getting anywhere with her because she is your sister. Get the Glass ones and you will never own different pair of sunglasses.

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

I have blue mirror, green mirror and just bought some silver mirror. I prefer the green over blue for fishing as they’re slightly better in low(er) light. The blue and silver are on man o war frames which are my favorite fitting frames. The green are on hammerheads and I’m not a huge fan of them for fishing. I’m hoping the silvers will work well for lower light situations so I have the blue for bright days and silver for darker days. If I were to just have one, I’d want man o war frames with green mirror. Hope this helps.

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

Green lenses are for fresh or brackish water blue is only for blue off shore fishing! waytogo

FryDog62

I have blue mirror, green mirror and just bought some silver mirror. I prefer the green over blue for fishing as they’re slightly better in low(er) light. The blue and silver are on man o war frames which are my favorite fitting frames. The green are on hammerheads and I’m not a huge fan of them for fishing. I’m hoping the silvers will work well for lower light situations so I have the blue for bright days and silver for darker days. If I were to just have one, I’d want man o war frames with green mirror. Hope this helps.

Really curious how the silver mirror works as compared to green or blue… Report back if you can. Right now I’m torn between silver and green. I don’t need a really dark lens (blue) for mid day like a lot of people do…Amber is fine for me. And I really want something that excels for sight fishing and mid-low light conditions.

bbaune

I just posted an add in the classifieds for a pair of Costas with the copper lenses. I’ve had a few pairs and copper is my favorite. I don’t do a ton of site fishing but from the dock or in shallow water the difference is amazing. Even my 4 yr old daughter wants to borrow them when we’re at the cabin so she can see the sunfish better. Check them out, well worth the money!

hunterjoe
    Twin Cities

Frydog, I will. Might not be soon, but once I get out on the water and have a chance to use them, I’ll let you know.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Silver mirror is gonna be your more versatile lense. So if we wear them in lower light conditions but also on bright sunny days they will perform the best. The green Mirror will let less light through there for it seems a little bit darker. I have found that the green Mirror works best in bright sun. If you only want one pair of sunglasses I would get the silver mirror. It’s going to be the most versatile option. Both have a copper base so will work great on the water up here. I have 3 pairs now and 2 of them have the silver mirror while one has the green.

Hope this helps

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

New member of the Costa Club here! Had some cash burning a hole in my pocket at the sports show this weekend. Picked up a pair of 580’s with the Green mirror from the Costa dealer booth. (Glass lens) It was nice to try them all and see, feel the difference. The Costa dealer was very helpful in getting me set up with the right sizing. Hopefully will last longer than the $10 cheapos I usually buy.

-J.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Welcome to the dark side, Jon. )

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.