Coralville & Macbride

• Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

So with the big motor out for the entire summer, I’ve been fishing Macbride with the electric motor and shore fishing a lot from the Macbride spillway on the Coralville side.

Below the spillway there’s been a LOT of white bass getting caught, with a few largemouths mixed in and an occasional catfish or two. This is all throwing crankbaits. If I get there early enough, there’s almost always someone with a nice stringer of crappies, although I haven’t been able to put anything together as far as that goes. Hopefully if I get the boat back, I can hunt down some specks this fall, because the few that I’ve caught have run really large – 13+ inches.

MacBride has been it’s usual bass factory. Yesterday with the wind I was hoping to get something together on a crankbait, but no such luck. Caught all my fish flipping, and although numbers were down from a normal day, size was spectacular with the ten or so that I caught all being 2+ lbs with the biggest ringing in somewhere north of 4.

If anyone with a boat gets a hankerin’ to hit the river for walleyes or try to find some crappies on the res, shoot me a message. Hopefully my motor gets fixed soon ’nuff to salvage some fishing this fall.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.