<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>
    Maybe he’d do it all for the nookie

So you can take that cookie
    and stick it up your moon

In 99 and still today, significant other is a bad to the bone album

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m in New Prague, MN.

I’m by cedar lake, I can stop by, drink your beer and give advice if you need it toast

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m old, what’s “nookie”?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’m old, what’s “nookie”?

Sounds like you travel to North Carolina for some

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thunder, you maybe getting a little older, but remember…it takes a strong man, but you gotta have FAAAAIIIITTTTTHHHHHH! Gotta have faith!

eyeguy507
    SE MN

This thread givin me dad vibes

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20220517-151802_Chrome.jpg

Sharon
    SE Metro

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mr.Beads wrote:</div>
    Thread is Rollin’ along nicely

Keep on rolling rolling rolling

Back up, back up, tell me what ya gonna do now!!

ThunderLund78

No one’s even mentioned “Break Stuff” which I think was the point of the original Limp Bizkit reference rotflol !

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Just remember, after you start and realize you don’t want to mess with this the cost from a contractor won’t change. Scratch the check get it gone and get on with the project. grin

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It’s to far for me, but I do have a guy down there with the tools that likes side work.

ThunderLund78

Bearcat, why don’t you PM me his info. I’m going to take a few swings this weekend with a pry bar and sledge and see how easy it breaks. If it starts to bust up, I may rent a jackhammer (or reach out on your hammer, EPG!). I’m in no big hurry I could bust it up and haul it out over a few days with the pick-up as well. Otherwise, I will be farming this out. Really appreciate everyone’s help on here!

gonefishin

Last summer I was in a similar position, a 12 x12 concrete patio that was breaking apart and rising during the winter. I had a couple of folks out to remove and replace with a brick patio and the cost was jaw dropping. I don’t know if things have settled down, but I believe a lot of contractors were having their customer bend over and touch their toes.

My patio didn’t have rebar or mesh and I simply dug out under a little of the patio at a time and busted up with a maul, a sad day when I busted the maul that I used 40+ years ago when my dad was a contractor.

Rented a Minicat loader and trailer and make quick work of hauling away the concrete, removing the clay underneath, replacing with class5, and hauling the compactor. Also used the trailer to get the pavers and the Minicat to bring to the back yard. All this done in a two day period.

I think your much younger than I am!!!!

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

You will need a really good rotary hammer or a jackhammer here and a bunch of people to help you move the blocks. Won’t it be cheaper to hire a bunch of guys to help you do the job than hire a tractor?

Well your not going to hammer in to blocks, it’ll be smaller rubble and it’s pretty easy for 1 guy to load if he wants to save money. Not sure why you’d need a bunch of guys. 1 buddy to drink beer with and go to town.

ThunderLund78

Funny this popped back into active conversation, I completed this weeks ago. Guess I never closed the loop on the thread. Rented a 65lb jackhammer and got it done in a weekend (one of the hottest of the year so we took it slow). I busted it up in sections and my wife and/or boys pried apart the chucks and cut the mesh. The next weekend I rented a walk-behind and hauled it up hill to the front. Between my patio and old deck, I filled a 20yd dumpster to yhe rim! I’ll try to attach a few pics…

Attachments:
    1. 20220716_105012-scaled.jpg

ThunderLund78

Here’s some more

Attachments:
    1. 20220717_115437-scaled.jpg

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Pry with the chipper and it snaps the wire. Need need to cut every wire then. But that’s a day late and a dollar short

ThunderLund78

Hauling it out…

Attachments:
    1. 20220723_085508-scaled.jpg

ThunderLund78

Pry with the chipper and it snaps the wire. Need need to cut every wire then. But that’s a day late and a dollar short

Well BC, for a bunch of rookies I think we did pretty dang good! I did pry with the chipper and that worked about 50% of the time. Not sure who poured the slab years ago (before we bought). but the mesh was inconsistent, none in some areas, overlapping layers in others. Rebar around the perimeter, but the concrete broke around that pretty easily.

Anyway, the new deck is well under construction now, frame is up and just waiting for decking and railing materials to be delivered. Not sure if we’ll pour another slab (aside from a small step-out pad from the walk-out). I would like a small under-deck garden shed, eventually.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Good job that’s awesome. And mesh is always overlapping and typically inconsistent on depth. It’s pulled up once wet mud is on it

catmando
    wis

Are you on the younger side and fit? Get a heavy sledgehammer and a wheelbarrow. Take your time! Cheapest route. DK

ThunderLund78

Again, It was done 6 weeks ago. I considered sledging away at it and MY GOD I’m glad I didn’t go that route.

Younger side?? – well, that’s all relative.

Fit?? Do daily 12oz curls count?
    jester

JEREMY
    BP

If they did id have the body of a super hero

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

If they did id have the body of a super hero

X2 but I drink tall boys so I got both of you guys beat! mrgreen

Deuces

That concrete is definitely not N 2 Gether anymore.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

That concrete is definitely not N 2 Gether anymore.

guys, you just gotta have FAITH that this was all going to work out in the end.

Viewing 29 posts - 31 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.