Concrete Cutting basement floor for new plumbing

• wormdunker

I have a fair amount of basement floor I need cut, about 15 square feet. Remodeling the bathroom and moving the plumbing. Thinking about renting a wetsaw but wanted to check to see if anyone here does the type of work?

buck-slayer

Wet saw be the best it will hold down dust. Cut a foot wide then go back and cut in two foot sections. Buy some anchors to pound in and lift out with a chain and bar.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

That’s what I do. I’m a concrete cutter. Where are you located

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Don’t buy anchors and don’t pull with chain, cut a starter piece 3 inches wide and the width of trench. Put a diagonal cut in it and then use a small bar or screw driver to put in cut. Put a little twist on it and pull straight up. The rest you can hook with a bar and flip out. I wouldn’t recommend 2 ft x 1 ft if your not in shape or have a not so strong back. Also if there is any stairs your going to want to down size. When I slab saw any commercial business and 2 wheel dolly pieces out we do 2 ft x 1 or 2 x 2 up to a ft thick. Your basement I doubt is better then 4. PM me and I’ll send you my number. I have all tools needed be and can patch back. Will also take concrete with me and recycle it at my shop.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Im keeping your number bear. I hate busting up concrete and suck at trying to get a patch to blend back in. I need to just stick to plumbing.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Im keeping your number bear. I hate busting up concrete and suck at trying to get a patch to blend back in. I need to just stick to plumbing.

I will do any and all of you plumbers concrete needs from core drilling. To slab cuts and removal plus patch back. Tons more to list

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.