Competitor 205 tiller/wt performance

• Phillip Ames

Guys, Those of you that are running this boat. I am curious about what kind of performance numbers you are getting with the 150hp? If you have something bigger I would love to hear about that too.
    Thanks
    Philly

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Buddy of mine has a 150 Merc on his. Can’t tell you the numbers but it cruises along just fine with 2-3 in the boat. While bigger is always better the 150 on this boat gets the job done.

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

I have a 2019 205 Sport with a 250 SHO, I recently switched to Lithium batteries so that took about 150 pounds out of the front of my boat, I am currently getting about 58.7 mph in the cold water and perfect conditions, I would say normal would be 56-57 for a average load.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

My bad…..I thought you were asking about the tiller which is what I was commenting on. For a walk thru go big.

Dave Mulder

I have run the 205 Tiller with a Yamaha 115, Mercury Verado 200 and currently with a Etec G2 150.

The yamaha was a fine motor for that hull. Great hole shot and top end was around 34 mph. Great on gas. Trolled amazing.

The Mercury was a beast. 50 mph WOT. Was a pig on fuel. Didnt troll great without assistance of a drift sock

The etec has been my favorite so far. The power steering is amazing. 43 mph top speed. Trolls great and is as fuel efficient as the yamaha.

If you look back at some of my previous posts I think there will be some good info for you. Cheers

Phillip Ames

Guys, thanks for the responses. Bigstick56, sounds like you have your sport dialed in very well. I ran a 250 SHO for a couple seasons and that thing goes into beast mode with the drop of throttle, and has manners around the dock. Dave sounds like you are a big fan of tte 205 tiller, I figured that dude would run a litte faster with a 150. You mention the power steering, is that the Evinrude power steering that Evinrude had developed? I am mulling some things over and may be making a change.

Dave Mulder

Correct….I have the new power steering that was created for Evinrude. I like it a bunch more over tyhe Mercury Power steering.

SoDakangler

I was in a 205 tiller last fall with a 175 Yamaha on it. It was about 48-49mph. Liked it so much I ordered one up for this spring with the same setup. Fired up to get in it

Phillip Ames

Nice, that sounds about right to me. With the Yamaha what steering system are you using? I sure hated seeing Evinrude bite the dust right after their introduction of the power tiller system they have. Enjoy that new rig!

SoDakangler

Uflex. Added a 9.9 as well for all the trolling I do on the river

Phillip Ames

Good for you. Let us know what you think of the Uflex steering. I was under the impression that the Coast Guard was not approving that style of steering. That should make you a really sweet rig.

Phillip Ames

I just looked up the Uflex system online, they have made some changes? That opens up some really cool options. Because it was either the Mercury Mertens system or going with a Warrior pro tiller. Both very good systems, but now we have more choices!

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I figured I would chime in on this thread. My boat originally came with a G2 115 HO. That motor took out Cylinder 2 with about 150 hours on it. I waited for almost 6 months with no end in sight from BRP when my motor would be complete, so I traded it in for a Suzuki 175.

I was able to get on the water last week for the first time and break the motor in. My boat also has a T9.9 and 5 batteries. So a little extra weight along with all the other crap we carry in our boats. I couldn’t open it up for long but I saw 44.5MPH. Currently it’s running a 3 blade 20″ pitch prop. I might go to the next pitch once broke in. I was pretty close to the max RPM of 6100.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.