College Hockey post season

• JoeMX1825
    MN

Bucci is great at college hockey. Yea he is an east coast guy.
    Melrose can’t keep up and get a sentence out anymore.

Bucci is good but he needs to tone it down 1 level and not get soo excited EVERYTIME his favorites touch the puck, I mean how many times was Lane Hutson “Dancing” tonight? Its sad how Melrose has declined mentally…

CaptainMusky

Bucci and Melrose definitely a east coast bias but they do a decent enough job. Heck if it wasn’t for Bucci ESPN wouldn’t have any college hockey coverage

Ripjiggen

Yeah expect Bucci to have some east coast bias so doesn’t bother me. He knows college hockey and the players.

CaptainMusky

Yeah expect Bucci to have some east coast bias so doesn’t bother me. He knows college hockey and the players.

Yep he really used to irritate me but not anymore.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

6-2 with 2 empty netters, and it wasn’t even that close lol. What a dominating performance, there was about a 30 second period where I thought the Gophers missed chances may come back to bite them, but they were skating down hill all game. Hopefully Michigan can take care of business for an all Big10 final.

Brittman

Long ago … Melrose used to despise college hockey. He has come around.

1 more to go … Go Gophers.

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

This Michigan and Qunnipiac game is very entertaining, should be a good championship game regardless of who pulls this one off.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Luke Hughes is a special player, dude is puking on the bench and yet still out on the ice every other shift…

Ripjiggen

Qunni is absolutely huge and an older team. Play such a better team game especially on D. Maturity.
    Let’s go Gophs.

tswoboda

Portillo not gonna sleep well for awhile.

Gotta give Quinni credit for defending well but M controlled the play all game.

I hope Fantilli comes back and has a Kariya season

Ripjiggen

Yeah don’t see it with Fantilli. most complete NHL player out of that freshman core for both U of M’s IMO.

tswoboda

Yeah probably not unless the Coyotes draft him jester

There hasn’t been a really good draft year rookie since Matthews/Laine and I wouldn’t want to come in with Bedard if I were him.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Quinnipiac kind of reminds me of Mankato the last few seasons. A roster full of older, more developed players that emphasize defense first. Not very often do you see the overall 1 versus the overall 2 seed in the final.

The Bobcats scouted Portillo prior to last night’s game and one area of weakness they saw was that he often did not hug the post when the puck was behind his net. They exploited that twice with two bank-in goals.

CaptainMusky

Yeah don’t see it with Fantilli. most complete NHL player out of that freshman core for both U of M’s IMO.

Logan Cooley has entered the chat.

CaptainMusky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>
    Logan Cooley has entered the chat.

Future Teammates

They are both so dang fun to watch. If the Yotes ever get their crap together they have some serious draft capital and young kids. Fantilli is a big big dude but also sort of a douchebag. I cant remember what he did earlier this year, but he got ejected.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Fantilli is a big big dude but also sort of a douchebag.

He is a complete douchebag. Total showboat and cocky about it too. He’ll probably still win the hobey later tonight though.

tswoboda

Fantilli is Eichel
    Eichel is Fantilli

Attachments:
    1. CA4ZM8OUgAAlomB.jpg

tswoboda

I cant remember what he did earlier this year, but he got ejected.

It was a fight after the whistle – can confirm he was a big douche during it

Did you see when Cooley got his gamer… that was baaaad!

CaptainMusky

Did you see when Cooley got his gamer… that was baaaad!

No I completely missed that and Ive watched most of the Gopher games this year.

CaptainMusky

He is a complete douchebag. Total showboat and cocky about it too. He’ll probably still win the hobey later tonight though.

I hope not, but with 2 teammates competing against each other for votes I am sure he will. Definitely a disservice to Knies and Cooley even though they are both deserving. Fan voting will totally be split. I am not sure how much weight that is on the award though.
    Good to see Motzko get COY.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I think there is something wrong with Knies. He looks like he’s playing with an injury. Until the last empty netter last night, he hadn’t recorded a single point in the 3 NCAA tournament games. 19 goals in 3 games, and he found the scoreboard once for a meaningless empty netter assist. Something has to be limiting him physically.

CaptainMusky

I think so too he hasnt looked good but he had a fantastic season. COOLey hasnt cooled off a bit. Kid is a stud.

wormdunker

Quinnipiac kind of reminds me of Mankato the last few seasons. A roster full of older, more developed players that emphasize defense first. Not very often do you see the overall 1 versus the overall 2 seed in the final.

The Bobcats scouted Portillo prior to last night’s game and one area of weakness they saw was that he often did not hug the post when the puck was behind his net. They exploited that twice with two bank-in goals.

So you are talking about a goalie who has knocked the pipe off the moorings more than any goalie in history. Portillo was injured, that is what they exploited. Most times it took him quite a while to get up, he stayed down on the ice after the play left the zone a few times. But yeah he did not get back to the post but that is not a tendency across his career.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Portillo was injured, that is what they exploited.

I didn’t realize he was injured. If it was affecting his play so much, perhaps they should have gone to another goalie. Or maybe they thought he was still better than the other guy even if he was injured?

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Question, could not hear the TV. Why did they not count the 2nd recalled goal where the puck went over the goal line and the goalie pulled back out with his glove?

CaptainMusky

They couldnt get an angle to clearly see the puck across the line. I am confident it was in because it was rolling on edge, but you just couldnt conclusively see it with his glove over it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Captainmusky beat me to it

tswoboda

Question, could not hear the TV. Why did they not count the 2nd recalled goal where the puck went over the goal line and the goalie pulled back out with his glove?

That wasn’t a recalled goal, it wasn’t called a goal originally and there was no obvious video showing it completely over the goal line. That review was going whichever way it was called on the ice.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.