College Hockey post season

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

St Cloud has defeated Mankato 4-0 and will play in the regional final on Saturday at 5:30pm.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

gophers better get there act together or there season will be over. they playing like crap!!!!! doah

tswoboda

Pucker factor was very high before that tieing goal! Back to the PK

deertracker

My audio is off by about 5 seconds. I heard it before I saw it. doah
    DT

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Ummm ya I think the fairy tale is over for Canisius after taking a 5 minute major penalty.

tswoboda

Big chance to open the floodgates here

Floodgates are open

AK Guy

It was a Gopher beat down. Much tougher opponent on Saturday.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

yea kinda bummer there playing another Minnesota school!!!! doah doah

CaptainMusky

As well as it should have been. It didnt look good early but that major penalty turned the tides. It was only a matter of time for the machine to get working.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

That major penalty was a pretty weak call imo, and it was a good game before that with a little pucker factor by the Goofers. But an absolute landslide on the PP and thereafter. 6 3rd period goals is ridiculous lol. Should be a helluva game tomorrow! Go Huskies!

CaptainMusky

The officiating has been suspect for sure in this tourney. Western Michigan had a goal called off that was definitely a goal and then BU scored right after. I dont really recall the hit to know if it was worthy of a major or not.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

They played back in January in a home-home set and St Cloud shut out Minnesota 3-0 and then Minnesota won 2-1 in OT the next day. Jaxon Castor was the goalie of record for both games in that series for the Huskies.

He has won 4 straight games, and allowed only 3 goals in that span to Duluth, North Dakota, CC, and Mankato. Currently has 7 straight periods of shutout hockey going.

Minnesota seems to start flat lately and then gain steam as the game wears on. Against an inferior team like Canisius, especially with a 5 minute power play, they can come back relatively easily. But against the the Huskies, with a goalie like Castor in the zone right now, it will much tougher sledding.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

That major penalty was a pretty weak call imo, and it was a good game before that with a little pucker factor by the Goofers. But an absolute landslide on the PP and thereafter. 6 3rd period goals is ridiculous lol. Should be a helluva game tomorrow! Go Huskies!

afgter them replaying it i didn think it was a weak call…..the guy left his skates/went airborne!! thats what did him in!!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

fgter them replaying it i didn think it was a weak call…..the guy left his skates/went airborne!! thats what did him in!!!!

I agree. Leaving his feet and targeting the head on the replay made it obvious to me. Initially, it wasn’t as obvious because it happened in the corner and the camera didn’t pick it up.

tswoboda

Jaxon Castor was the goalie of record for both games in that series for the Huskies.

He has won 4 straight games, and allowed only 3 goals in that span to Duluth, North Dakota, CC, and Mankato. Currently has 7 straight periods of shutout hockey going.

He’s older than Kirill Kaprizov and 2 years older than Filip Gustavsson… the goalie for the Wild.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

He’s older than Kirill Kaprizov and 2 years older than Filip Gustavsson… the goalie for the Wild.

Lol didn’t know that. He could theoretically play next season too because players are permitted a 5th year of eligibility from the first covid season. I think Cruikshank is a 5th year player. He played 3 seasons at CC, one at Minnesota, and the current one at StC.

Fishing59

My question is why NCCA basketball has many camera angles and hockey has one that seems like it is across the street shooting the game?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

My question is why NCCA basketball has many camera angles and hockey has one that seems like it is across the street shooting the game?

Because Basketball is on an almost $9 Billion TV deal and watched by millions, and NCAA hockey isn’t even big enough TV deal to be Google-able and watched by hundreds, maybe thousands jester

Ripjiggen

Every Big Ten team scored at least 8 goals in the first round. rotflol

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Every Big Ten team scored at least 8 goals in the first round. rotflol

The OSU clobbering was a bit of a shocker given how highly ranked Harvard was. Not to mention Harvard has more NHL draft picks than any other team and the Buckeyes only have a few.

Conversely, the two CCHA teams lost by a combined score of 12-0. Yikes

glenn57
    cold spring mn

How many draft picks does Harvard have??

I thought the gophers were up there, I’m sure I heard this wrong but I thought they said gophers had 17???

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

How many draft picks does Harvard have??

I thought the gophers were up there, I’m sure I heard this wrong but I thought they said gophers had 17???

Harvard has 15.

I don’t know how many Minnesota has.

My point was that you don’t need draft picks to win games. Mankato had 1 draft pick on their roster last season and went to the national title game.

ESPN doesn’t quite seem to understand this concept. Half their broadcast is just drooling over draft picks.

Ripjiggen

That’s because Mankato average age was like 32. whistling

Brittman

Per the all knowing web – has to be accurate, right?

Percentage chance that a drafted player plays one game or more in the NHL.

ROUND Percentage to Reach NHL (one game or more)
    1 94%
    2 70%
    3 54%
    4 44%
    5 34%
    6 31%
    7 26%

Ripjiggen

That is pretty accurate yes. Look at percentages to play 100 NHL games and it will drop drastically even more.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

There saying tonight the gophers have 14 draft picks.

Gophers up 2-1!! yay

Scratch that 3-1 yippee!!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Gophers were the far better team all game, tip of the cap they earned it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Gophers were the far better team all game, tip of the cap they earned it.

The score could have been pretty lopsided after the first if not for Castor. Thought the turning point was when St Cloud missed that open net rebound with the puck on its side.

St Cloud had a pretty good run to even get to that game but the better team definitely won.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 195 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.