collar trained

• Ryan Scholl

Curious if anybody has heard of anything like this. My 4 year old Labrador was trained with a tri-tronics collar. Its been a long time since I’ve actually shocked her. I usually just hit the tone if needed. Because of that, i don’t have her wear it around the house. Plus, she gets soars really easily from it. really bad…

It got me thinking if i could just replicate that beep tone with my phone for when she isn’t wearing her collar. For close proximity obviously. Any one know where you can download that sound, or an app?

Thanks

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I have no idea if this is feasible, but could you just remove the electrodes from the collar (assuming that is what causes the sores)?

brad-o
    Mankato

If you are just trying to stop the dog. A month on the lease with fix the problem. Any spanial dog book should give you better options then the e collar for a soft dog.

Ryan Scholl

just looking for the tone sound for when i don’t have the collar on her or with me.

She is about as far from a soft dog as they come. The collar was my last resort. I got tired of being bit. She’s a good dog now, just has a thick skull some days.

mattgroff

If a lab is 4yrs old and still needs to wear a coller around the house. Something was done wrong with training her when she was a puppy. Not blaming you or anything you have done. It’s just now that the dog is established it is going to be hard to break old habits. Does she wear the coller because she does not listen? Or she jumps on people? Or what?
    Your problem can be solved but you first have to figure out what is causing it. Does she think she is in charge? Many things play into one small problem with dogs it’s just a matter of figuring out what it is and being adamant about fixing it every day with your own training. It can be done man.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.