cold weather gloves you can cast with…

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I often fish walleye on open water in early April and November on Pool 4 and other rivers…Any one find a glove that fills the bill for cast/jigging in sub freezing temps? The ice gloves I’ve tried are too bulky

Deuces

I have a few pairs of the cheapo cotton jersey gloves they sell in bulk at home improvement stores. A heating pack snuggled up to the bottom of wrist or on top of hand works really well for me and has best sensitivity of any other gloves I’ve tried.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

I’ve used Glacier Gloves for casting for muskies into November. They are similar to neoprene gloves. They do a good job keeping your hands dry and warm. Fleet Farm carries them.

Ryan Wilson

Fingerless wool is always my glove suggestion for practically any situation.

shockers
    Rochester

Those cheap (About $6?) wool military surplus type gloves. Or if it’s not too cold, I just use those work/Mechanix gloves. They make an insulated version of them, but they’re a bit more bulky in insulated version (though not bad).

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Hed and Northface make thin windproof and water resistant gloves meant for running and cross country skiing. Get a pair of those and then put heavy latex gloves underneath.

Costco had the Hed gloves on sale a couple weeks ago for less than 20 bucks.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

Kast brand steelhead gloves get great reviews but they’re $100. I bought one of their cheaper models (now discontinued) and they were great. Simms makes fishing gloves but I haven’t tried them.

I hate fishing with gloves like most guys – when it gets really cold I prefer the wool glove-mit or glommit or whatever they call the fingerless gloves that have a flip over mitten for your fingers. That said, I did a muskie fishing weekend in full on rain and sleet with temps in the low-mid 30’s. We were casting. Without the Kast gloves I couldn’t have done it. They started to leak after about a year but that might have been because of hooks or teeth! They worked well with a big bait caster but I’m not sure how I’d like fishing with a full glove and a spinning rod.

munchy
    NULL

I’ve always used golf gloves made for cold weather. The best pair I ever had were made by footjoy.

Drizzy Musky
    Duluth

Simms Prodry. I’ve tried the Kast and they don’t even compare to the Simms.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Thanks fellas, 40% Cyber deal on the Kast Black Ops got my attention…Ill let you know how they perform.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.