Cold Snap reel wraps

• Wharf Rat
    Mahtomedi

Don’t bother. These are just castration bands. You can buy a whole bag of them at Fleet Farm or a Farm supply store for about $2-3.

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

I went to them a couple of winters ago on my two lighter weight walleye sticks (TB perch and walleye SH rods). I’m not in love with them but I don’t hate them. They are NOT the secure hold I was expecting and have had the reel foot teeter tooter a bit with some larger fish. I haven’t switched over to the silicon tape yet but will before next season. My primary reason in going to them was to avoid tape schmear on the rod cork. Maybe a poor reason for doing so but it is what it is.

taz
    Frederic wi

Just use electrical tape on the first wrap on the cork back wrap it so the sticky side is up and not on the cork. Then on the next pass put sticky side to sticky side and you will not smear up the cork and make for an easy cut off job at the end of the year if you use the reel in the summer time also

olso2063
    NULL

Thanks guys. Think I’ll try the electrical tape. Santa got me a TUCR noodle and didn’t want to gum up the craftsmanship.

Bryan Myers

I’ve used the cold snap/castration bands for the last 3 years on all my TUCR and I really do like them. They will over time leave a dimple in the cork or EVA but it’s never bothered me. I always put 4 on a reel just for more support and it also works well to slide a hook in behind the band to work as a hook holder as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.