Coach Knight

• Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Passed away today. May he rest in peace.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’ll throw a chair in his memory.

Will they bury him face up or face down?

MX1825

RIP Bobby.
    He was a hell of a coach. One of those people I think you either loved him or hated him.

AK Guy

Close personal friend of Sid Hartman.

ssaamm
    Pequot Lakes

He was a winner. Did a lot of good things for his players and Indiana U. He obviously lost his marbles in the last 10 yrs. Has a ton of loyal players. I wouldn’t have been able to handle his antics tho.

MX1825

I’ll throw a chair in his memory.

Will they bury him face up or face down?

Knight once said he wanted to be buried upside down so “My critics can kiss my a$$”

joe-winter
    St. Peter, MN

I had a coach who coached my 5th-8th grade years. He was tough and loud. A lot of opposing coaches and schools made many complaints. we had a couple kids come and go in those years but there was 7 of us core boys that played all those years at a small Catholic school… He was at all 7 of our weddings..

I don’t know Coach Knight…. So I’ll take the opinions of 99% of his players that would run through a wall for him vs 1% that fed the lib media hype machine.

Brittman

That coaching style and personality died in the 70s and 80s. He would have no shot in hell doing anything now. He was abrasive and likely ignorant, to say the least.

If he is buried face down … it may face the direction he is headed. Only God and Lucifer know at this point.

Brittman

Buffoon statement #1: “I think that if rape is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.” — Knight, using an offensive analogy, during a 1988 interview with NBC on dealing with stress.

Surprised really that someone that Type A and so angry at everything lived to 83.

Most anyone younger than say 50 or so barely knows more than the name.

wkw

If he is buried face down … it may face the direction he is headed. Only God and Lucifer know at this point.
    [/quote]
    Someday tell us how you really feel about Coach Knight

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

That coaching style and personality died in the 70s and 80s. He would have no shot in hell doing anything now. He was abrasive and likely ignorant, to say the least.

jester Knight “ignorant”? I can’t wait for this story….go ahead.

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

I just sent condolences to LenH, who had guided him in the Driftless Area trout fishing.

Brittman wrote: “That coaching style and personality died in the 70s and 80s. He would have no shot in hell doing anything now. He was abrasive and likely ignorant, to say the least.”

I know not of Coach Knight’s upbringing other than he was a bball player in high school and at the Ohio State University on a team that won the NCAA. His coaching career began at West Point and Coach K was one of his assistants. I find it interesting that there are many fans that don’t like “mild-mannered” coaches and want the dude bringing the “fire and brimstone” which would seem to fit Knight’s style.

Brittman you’re entitled to your opinion, it would just seem that showing a little respect in his death might fit…

Mark

MX1825

Jeremy I have a story for you.

After his WI hunting fiasco I was at the Badger vs Hoosier mens basketball game at the Kohl center.
    As the UW students were filling in their sections of the Kohl Center I was baffled that about 75% of the students had blaze orange on. Hats, coats, vests, anything blaze orange.
    The light bulb finally lit in my brain and I laughed my butt off. I thought it was hilarious.
    rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.